Peeling hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 95 LC has a peeling hood black cover which ll slowly start to peel off. I think it s made to look like carbon fiber. Where could I get a replacement covering of the same? Anyways. I’m not sure if I should replace it with the same thing or something else. What have you got on your hood?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Take a wire wheel or sanding disk to it and remove all that crap, then prime and paint to match the rest of your vehicle. If you're looking for more carbon fiber vinyl wrap, I'm sure you can get it on ebay or amazon. I would personally go with wood grain. :hillbilly:

BrIrB4SCcAA8dW8.jpg

I'd start with an eraser wheel to get that old vinyl off. Anywhere that does vinyl wraps should have carbon fiber vinyl on hand. You could pay them to install a new sheet, or probably buy enough to do yourself. They can give you tips on the installation as well.

Repainting the hood isn't terrible. I sanded/prepped and resprayed my peeling hood with the factory color I had custom mixed and put into spray cans. Followed by a high quality clearcoat, also in spray cans. Turned out pretty well for a $50 project.
IMG_5781_zpspozvhfar by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_5786_zps3ymp9svm by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Automotive touchup is a company that will mix up colors and put them in spray cans for you. Pretty good deal for a color match.

Spraymax 2k works great for a clear coat. It is a 2 part automotive clear that you can get on amazon.

If you want the carbon fiber wrap back find a place that does the vinyl signs and they can either find the proper wrap of print it custom for you. I like the way my Avery brand wrap is holding up to abuse from trees, rain, cold and sun.

Yeah, thats a vinyl wrap. Either really old, poor quality or just not ever taken care of. You can find wraps in all colors a hood is an easier thing to wrap, 3M is usually top of the class.

Eraser Wheel will get that all off

Dinoc used to be an option for that type of thing.... my local graphics shop has it for hoods and roofs etc... looks like something with UV ratings is crucial !

E

Amazon product ASIN B0154C6Q74

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom