Passing Emissions test Washington D.C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

New to the forum but in need of some help with a move from Oregon to Washington D.C and a 92 Landcruiser!
For most states, the law is if the vehicle is 25 years or older then no test is required, but the only exemption I can find on dmv.dc says it needs to be 1978 or older!

Are there any D.C owners out there or folks who have moved there and have navigated this?

Cheers,
Anthony

sheesh. really? i'm across the river in VA and have the 25yr exemption and don't even have it Antique tagged.

might try posting this to the CLCC clubhouse.

sheesh. really? i'm across the river in VA and have the 25yr exemption and don't even have it Antique tagged.

Thanks bhsdriller, that is a good suggestion. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it is the political capitol :oops:!!

Thanks bhsdriller, that is a good suggestion. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it is the political capitol!

Before you get it fixed, could you plug it into a vent in the side of the capitol building?
Bad joke.
Could you live in VA? It might be easier than passing smog?

Last edited:
Thanks bhsdriller, that is a good suggestion. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it is the political capitol!
It's the least evil of the 3 choices, by far, though not without its own concerns.
:cry:
A national service?! No dice on the VA location unfortunately.

Hey jht3, Quick VA questions for you because we managed to escape DC after 3 months and just found a place in Alexandria! Do you happen to know a shop to get the VA Safety Inspection done? Everything works on the old girl but she does have a drivers seat belt that is frayed in a few places!

Hey jht3, Quick VA questions for you because we managed to escape DC after 3 months and just found a place in Alexandria! Do you happen to know a shop to get the VA Safety Inspection done? Everything works on the old girl but she does have a drivers seat belt that is frayed in a few places!
You are free to take it anywhere. I usually use the most convenient gas station which does inspections.

Alexandria is my hometown but I haven't lived there in 10 years, so my local knowledge is a bit dated.

Mr Tire on Lee Highway in Arlington. Kevin is the inspection guy last I went and he is a decent sort. Charlie is the mechanic there who is willing to do stuff on my two Middle East cruisers. Mr. Tire gets a generally bad rap but I have found these guys and this Mr. Tire to be relaxed and pleasant experience. I've had my share of inspection concerns but the biggest thing has been making sure the check engine light is not on. Fought like hell on the 98 100. Turned out to be deteriorated fuel injection seals that Charlie sorted for me.

Charlie, BTW owned a 92 80 that sat for years behind Mr. Tire.

I generally take all my standard LC care stuff to Mr. Tire on Lee Highway. They are pretty quick and they treat you nicely on the phone.

You are free to take it anywhere. I usually use the most convenient gas station which does inspections.

Alexandria is my hometown but I haven't lived there in 10 years, so my local knowledge is a bit dated.
No worries, thank you. I might be worrying to much!

Mr Tire on Lee Highway in Arlington. Kevin is the inspection guy last I went and he is a decent sort. Charlie is the mechanic there who is willing to do stuff on my two Middle East cruisers. Mr. Tire gets a generally bad rap but I have found these guys and this Mr. Tire to be relaxed and pleasant experience. I've had my share of inspection concerns but the biggest thing has been making sure the check engine light is not on. Fought like hell on the 98 100. Turned out to be deteriorated fuel injection seals that Charlie sorted for me.

Charlie, BTW owned a 92 80 that sat for years behind Mr. Tire.

I generally take all my standard LC care stuff to Mr. Tire on Lee Highway. They are pretty quick and they treat you nicely on the phone.
Thanks John, I'll give them a crack as I'll be over there late in the week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom