Part Seldom Seen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! I am going to look to see if there is an equivalent dust cover on my 1984 BJ42LV-HCW...just brought it in from Europe.

Thanks! I am going to look to see if there is an equivalent dust cover on my 1984 BJ42LV-HCW...just brought it in from Europe.

Those are just a gasket. 9/72 on the steering box no longer had the steering column part of the worm gear. It has a rag joint. Because of the there was no reason to have any flex. Rather needed to be secured solid at the firewall as well as under the dash. There are two types used. 8/80 the US got a collapsible steering column which changed the pattern at the firewall. Not all markets got this. I know Australia didn't. The collapsible type is easy to ID. Instead of just a straight tube it got wider under the dash. Even it the gaskets are NLA would be easy to made one.

Those are just a gasket. 9/72 on the steering box no longer had the steering column part of the worm gear. It has a rag joint. Because of the there was no reason to have any flex. Rather needed to be secured solid at the firewall as well as under the dash. There are two types used. 8/80 the US got a collapsible steering column which changed the pattern at the firewall. Not all markets got this. I know Australia didn't. The collapsible type is easy to ID. Instead of just a straight tube it got wider under the dash. Even it the gaskets are NLA would be easy to made one.
You are an invaluable source of information! Thanks again.

To revive an old thread. Recently bought this electric winch remote cover out of the Middle East. Not sure how rare it is but thought I'd share. Looks like it will hold any winch remote nicely

IMG_20210215_142943.jpg

They leak oil because the shaft is not sealed. Manual priming was not real necessary in the 60s & 70s because gas didn't boil as easily.

With today's crap RFG, it sure would be nice to have priming ability on a hot day.

They leak oil because the shaft is not sealed. Manual priming was not real necessary in the 60s & 70s because gas didn't boil as easily.

With today's crap RFG, it sure would be nice to have priming ability on a hot day.
Going thru a box looking for old carburetors found these. Wonder Toyota's reasoning for dropping these?
View attachment 2634388

Its not that hard to run a hose with a copper tip through the air cleaner if you wanted to do something. Run a tee off the fuel pump and a push button on a solenoid valve.

I have one in my 68 and going to put one in my 70 FJ40 if I decide to keep. Those can sit for a month or two. Use the hand primer fill the bowl and does away with all the engine cranking working to get fuel to the carburetor.

Its not that hard to run a hose with a copper tip through the air cleaner if you wanted to do something. Run a tee off the fuel pump and a push button on a solenoid valve.

That would defeat it being a simple vehicle by making it more complex. Not sure I would call it an oil leak, never seen more the seep. Can live any dust that gets in thru the shaft. With the oil seep dust getting in is greatly reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom