Paint and bodywork services offered (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kelly saad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I am now offering paint and body work for the Land Cruiser community. As some of you may know, I have recently painted a few Land Cruisers and they are included in threads here on Mud, links below.

My offered services will include the minimum items listed below. Depending on the condition of your vehicle, additional labor may need to be discussed. On the 60 series, I will remove the rear side glass and windshield before paint. I try to not have any masking up against the paint on the body, parts must be removed to perform the work properly IMO. I will not complete any job it without addressing EVERYTHING I can find.

1. All materials (PPG brand paint) single stage or B/C coat.
2. Repair of all door dings and dents.
3. Repair rust areas.
4. Removal of door handles, mirrors, emblems, moulding, roof rack, and locks. Reinstall.
5. Wet sand and polish paint, little to no orange peel when complete.
6. Sprayed in paint booth.

Shipping can be arranged through riverrunner here on Mud.

If you are serious, and want to discuss, PM me with questions and pricing.

IMG_9867.JPG

Daphne is already signed up for her "Spa Retreat" in November. She pitched a fit when we said we were sending her to rehab.
Oh yea, you are the first patient. Daphne will be glowing after her treatment.

I have had a few people show interest in helping with their vehicle. I am open to that to a certain extent. I guess it might be fun if you haven't ever been involved in a paint/body work project.

I have had a few people show interest in helping with their vehicle. I am open to that to a certain extent. I guess it might be fun if you haven't ever been involved in a paint/body work project.

Additional cost................ HA

My 62 is in dire need of a paint job, and has multiple dings and rust spots, a couple of which are turning cancerous (one rather concerning spot underneath the rear left corner of the gutter). I'm hoping to have actual body work done in early to mid next summer, but I desperately want a new paint job, and would give my middle nut for a cool retro paint job with the 80's Toyota white paint and yellow/orange/red stripe design. I think budget-wise that'll be far out of the question, but a cool matte OD green with a white roof would be awesome. Got a lot of other expenditures lined up for it but if money left over and budget for other projects works out, I'll be getting a hold of you to see what can be done paint-wise.

I'd love to see the work progress if I'm able to bring it to you, but don't worry, I won't nit-pick or try to help. I know better than that :lol:

My 62 is in dire need of a paint job, and has multiple dings and rust spots, a couple of which are turning cancerous (one rather concerning spot underneath the rear left corner of the gutter). I'm hoping to have actual body work done in early to mid next summer, but I desperately want a new paint job, and would give my middle nut for a cool retro paint job with the 80's Toyota white paint and yellow/orange/red stripe design. I think budget-wise that'll be far out of the question, but a cool matte OD green with a white roof would be awesome. Got a lot of other expenditures lined up for it but if money left over and budget for other projects works out, I'll be getting a hold of you to see what can be done paint-wise.

I'd love to see the work progress if I'm able to bring it to you, but don't worry, I won't nit-pick or try to help. I know better than that :lol:
I would be totally into laying out those stripes. In my early days, I painted a lot of racing stripes, and stuff on old Chevy's. The color would all be in base coat, flush with no edges. Then the clear over it would be smooth as glass. That's how I do it anyway, I hate seeing and feeling edges where two colors meet. Let me know, I would be up for that project. Also, I can do the bodywork/rust repair too. Maybe you should just drop it off here for the winter ;)

I would be totally into laying out those stripes. In my early days, I painted a lot of racing stripes, and stuff on old Chevy's. The color would all be in base coat, flush with no edges. Then the clear over it would be smooth as glass. That's how I do it anyway, I hate seeing and feeling edges where two colors meet. Let me know, I would be up for that project. Also, I can do the bodywork/rust repair too. Maybe you should just drop it off here for the winter ;)
Man you're making it way tempting. Just PM'd you with some details of where I'm standing.

...and yellow/orange/red stripe design...

Yep. Except in our case we've asked Kelly to do 3 stripes in orange/yellow/off-white with the factory original Warm Gray 253. It's a 62-only color, and is almost the same color as our old Volvo 240 wagon. Which we miss. <snif>

So basically this, minus the brown stripe:
decal.PNG

I have a '71 FJ40 project vehicle in need of minor body work prior to prep and paint - it's pretty much rust-free. I'm really looking for blasting and paint. It's the one on the right side of the photo <---. PM coming.

Yep. Except in our case we've asked Kelly to do 3 stripes in orange/yellow/off-white with the factory original Warm Gray 253. It's a 62-only color, and is almost the same color as our old Volvo 240 wagon. Which we miss. <snif>

So basically this, minus the brown stripe:
View attachment 2082718
Okay I just made up my mind; that's what I want. With the brown stripe....

@kelly saad, to give folks a baseline from which to estimate, what would you estimate the turnaround time is on a 60/62 with no rust, no body work (other than a small number of paintless repairs), but a failed clearcoat/serious fading, frame on, glass on, paint job? In other words, a straight up basic paint restoration on a sound vehicle. The amount of body rust/body work, desire for frame off or glass off one might need can then be estimated as add-ons by those that may need any of those. Each person could decide whether to provide new emblems, vents, mirrors, or other similar exterior items.

Can you even get new emblems anymore? I thought they've been NLA for years.

@kelly saad, to give folks a baseline from which to estimate, what would you estimate the turnaround time is on a 60/62 with no rust, no body work (other than a small number of paintless repairs), but a failed clearcoat/serious fading, frame on, glass on, paint job? In other words, a straight up basic paint restoration on a sound vehicle. The amount of body rust/body work, desire for frame off or glass off one might need can then be estimated as add-ons by those that may need any of those. Each person could decide whether to provide new emblems, vents, mirrors, or other similar exterior items.
If I am not painting jambs, and little bodywork, I need one week.

I will not paint any vehicle and tape off rubber around the windows, that is just me. Everything must be removed for the work to be up to my standards. Same goes for everything else on vehicle, if it can be removed, and its on paint, then it gets removed.

Everyone has different projects, so I would like to just handle each one as they contact me.

If you are interested then send me a PM or call, I am happy to discuss any project.

Thanks!

If I am not painting jambs, and little bodywork, I need one week.

I will not paint any vehicle and tape off rubber around the windows, that is just me. Everything must be removed for the work to be up to my standards. Same goes for everything else on vehicle, if it can be removed, and its on paint, then it gets removed.

Everyone has different projects, so I would like to just handle each one as they contact me.

If you are interested then send me a PM or call, I am happy to discuss any project.

Thanks!

That's exceptionally nice turnaround! I asked it because I'm sure that it's a big factor to folks who will be considering this task. One week should be very attractive. Mine was underway this time last year here in Tucson. It took months because the tech was doing it on the side. It ended happily as it's quite beautiful, but I would not recommend this fellow because of the turnaround time he takes.

I elected to not have the glass removed because I was concerned that this might open a can of worms with regards to the rubber seals...which like most parts on these, are getting scarce. As original owner and its whole life here, I was only worried about the affect of the sun/heat on things like the seals over the years. They seem to be in good shape, but I elected to not risk it.

For what it's worth, the tech who did mine also did a fabulous job on sealing the gutter as part of the job. I didn't expect such a complete job, but happy to see it. Re-installing the chrome gutter trim was a bit of a task, but ended well.

I hope a bunch of this work comes your way. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom