Pacific Blue Perfection! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This, do this.

wtmtnterror, your truck looks great.

20150527_183748_zpsrdxcgks0.jpg

Looks good. I'm so tired of black wheels. Keep the wheels as they are! That lifted LC looks great as is! I like the moldings on yours, they came out great!

Looks good. I'm so tired of black wheels. Keep the wheels as they are! That lifted LC looks great as is! I like the moldings on yours, they came out great!

^This... Not sure if it is a generational thing, but tires should be black, wheels should be silver (or gray if keeping the stock steelies in a 40/55).

I think it depends on the color of the vehicle. I don't particularly like them on black vehicles, but I think they look good on silver, gray, blue, beige, sometimes white, etc.. It helps if you have black bumpers and tint to bring it all together. And the wheels have to be all black, they can't be black with any kind of blingy fake bolts or anything!

^This... Not sure if it is a generational thing, but tires should be black, wheels should be silver (or gray if keeping the stock steelies in a 40/55).

or gray if you wish the 100 wheels came in that 40/55 gray ;)

Wheel%20small.png

Last edited:
Nice score!

What boat are you towing?

We're buying a boat this summer. That has me considering a 100 or 120 for the increased towing capacity of my 80 series.

It's a 19' deckboat. Total weight is around 3000 pounds. There isn't a huge difference between the 100 and 120 when it comes to towing. The LC squats in the rear and bounces around a little more over bumps. The GX is more controlled and sits level once the air suspension adjusts to the load. The load is barely noticeable when it comes to acceleration in both trucks. I will say that both have fairly new brakes and the LC definitely does a better job of braking when towing. I'm planning to add airbags to the LC springs to help with the squat...Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: r71
I'm debating on painting mine black from the molding down. Nice to see another blue one!
No black wheels and still trying to decide on a bumper but this is close...
20150527_183748_zpsrdxcgks0.jpg
Your truck looks great. What lift and tires do you have? After seeing this I may have to speed this build up.

Thanks, it's just the standard AHC lift supported with 30mm spacers and the torsion bars cranked up some. Tires are Goodyear Duratrac 275/70/18

What city do u live in in FL and what city did u buy it in? (Don't forget to update city in ur sig) ;)
I found my low mileage beauty in Naples, FL... @FJGXJess

We shd meet up sometime and trail ride, Ocala or Scottsmor 5A if u can still ride back there...

It's a 19' deckboat. Total weight is around 3000 pounds. There isn't a huge difference between the 100 and 120 when it comes to towing. The LC squats in the rear and bounces around a little more over bumps. The GX is more controlled and sits level once the air suspension adjusts to the load. The load is barely noticeable when it comes to acceleration in both trucks. I will say that both have fairly new brakes and the LC definitely does a better job of braking when towing. I'm planning to add airbags to the LC springs to help with the squat...Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the info.

We are looking at a 20' Malibu ski boat which would weigh a similar amount.

Glad to hear the 4.7 pulls it no problem. My 80 series struggles a bit pulling our 2500lb pop up camper.

My two trucks with the 4.7 both easily pull a 22 foot mastercraft

I have a blue one as well. My thought was line x from the top of the molding removed of course down and match the grey. I think Black is too og even though i'm going to replace the bumpers with black arb, which rear bumper is that in the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom