Finding the perfect color match for Land Cruiser 100 (2000) interior (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I would like to paint the sterling wheel center and the top section of the driver door panel of my LC 100. The interior color is tan and has some brown parts, any suggestions for the perfect color match?
Cheers,
Mehran

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

So based on below thread, I have a can of this in my closet, but have not used yet… I would not bother painting the wheel. It looks like the material has degraded. Sew-on kits for like $70 online… which are close but maybe even dye that too with same spray?

Someone suggested the vinyl spray die color and I bought it and after sitting on the shelf for a year I decided to use it. It is a perfect match. It looked so good I pulled the rest of the panels and did those too.View attachment 2788330

View attachment 2788323

View attachment 2788324
View attachment 2788325
View attachment 2788326

So based on below thread, I have a can of this in my closet, but have not used yet… I would not bother painting the wheel. It looks like the material has degraded. Sew-on kits for like $70 online… which are close but maybe even dye that too with same spray?
I am going to paint just the center and will buy a leather kit for it

I will say that SEM paint / dye holds up great. A couple years of daily usage and parking outside in Houston, TX Sun everyday. Even where I rest my elbow is perfect. Kids in the back - no blemishes.

Clean clean clean before painting.
You can try on the wheel but I doubt it would look good. I say wrap it.

Hi all, I would like to paint the sterling wheel center and the top section of the driver door panel of my LC 100. The interior color is tan and has some brown parts, any suggestions for the perfect color match?
Cheers,
Mehran

View attachment 3389143

View attachment 3389144

View attachment 3389145
So what is the color spray for the dark color and who makes...anyone? I read somewhere to try SEM 15723 Color Coat but at $25.99, would like to hear from someone that might have tried it.

Last edited:
SEM 15723 is exact for 1998-2003 interiors. I'm still on the hunt to figure out the correct match for 04-07 on the LX though.

i hate to rain on this parade... but any paint you use, no matter how good - will not hold up very long on the steering wheel. The oils from your hands and UV rays will break it down, and after not very long you will be left with a sticky gross mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom