Events/Trails Pachanga at OverLand Cruisers in Sonoita! 11/13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in. Just me and a dog (maybe on the dog).

Going to camp as well Saturday night.

I just reviewed the thread. Please correct me if i am wrong..

Meet and greet saturday afternoon.
Camping Saturday night.
Trail ride sunday?

Ill be there for everything just trying to plan accordingly.

Johnny I know you mentioned about a trail run Saturday morning and wanting to do a cookout around 2pm. Whats a good time to head to the shop if coming from Phoenix and Not doing the trail run. Would noon time be a good time?

I just reviewed the thread. Please correct me if i am wrong..

Meet and greet saturday afternoon.
Camping Saturday night.
Trail ride sunday?

Ill be there for everything just trying to plan accordingly.
1635890009375.png

So...meet/greet before Saturday's mid-morning run, or just show up mid-morning for the run, and return to the shop for meet/greet/eat. Camp Friday night if coming from afar, and camp Saturday night if you're not driving back home after gorging on asada.

So...meet/greet before Saturday's mid-morning run, or just show up mid-morning for the run, and return to the shop for meet/greet/eat. Camp Friday night if coming from afar, and camp Saturday night if you're not driving back home after gorging on asada.

Yup, that's the plan! :)

Johnny I know you mentioned about a trail run Saturday morning and wanting to do a cookout around 2pm. Whats a good time to head to the shop if coming from Phoenix and Not doing the trail run. Would noon time be a good time?

Too bad you won't make the trail run.

We'll have folks at the shop all day so anytime you show up will be great. :)

Any idea what time mid-morning may be? I can only do a day trip with an 8-week old at home and I have two other rigs joining me. We weren't sure what time to leave Phoenix in order to make the run.

Anyone have any good camp sites in that area? Might have another guy tag along. We would like to get out into the wilderness for some camping if its not too far away.

TRD Pro Prius ready to Expo As Fawk activities. I’ll be shotgunning the hardcore run. Just have to install the limb risers and snorkel.

I’ll be sponsored by Beno Techical Industries…. You can also contribute to my Patreon. I’m shooting for 165K followers on IG so I can monetize my life! :lol:

View attachment 2816458
Good luck with this, IG requires a hot chick to draw in viewers.

I am debating about going down on Friday. Is anyone going to be dispersed camping Friday night? If so, where?

Anyone have any good camp sites in that area? Might have another guy tag along. We would like to get out into the wilderness for some camping if its not too far away.
There are all kinds of great camping spots in the area, town is surrounded by National Forest and BLM land.

I am debating about going down on Friday. Is anyone going to be dispersed camping Friday night? If so, where?
I plan to camp Friday night somewhere near Kentucky Camp just northwest of Sonoita in the Coronado Forest. How high I camp will depend on how crowded or how cold it is. The motor vehicle use map shows the whole area as dispersed camping.

8D50BC1A-12C7-4EE8-859A-AB494054275A.png

Funny you say that. That is the same section of the MVU map I printed out. I may end up on Road 92. Who knows.
I am hoping I can ditch the office early enough.

Funny you say that. That is the same section of the MVU map I printed out. I may end up on Road 92. Who knows.
I am hoping I can ditch the office early enough.
I have Avenza map app on my phone and tablet.

This app allows you to download the latest geo tagged mvums for most forests and will show you exactly where you are and if yer on a legal fs road.

Avenza is my favorite map app when I’m on forest roads.
F4E2F84B-0036-43E0-B5AF-E64F55E2A341.png

The Avenza app works surprisingly well on the Nogales and Santa Rita Ranger Districts.

I would avoid camping right on FSR 92 (Gardner Canyon Rd), RVs can make it in there so it gets pretty busy...folks also roll in pretty late on weekends.

Most of the smaller roads have plenty of dispersed spots though.

FSR 92, to FSR 785, to FSR 4111, to FSR 4104 (Santa Rita Road) is a nice loop with some good camping spots along it.

The ROTM will leave the shop at 1000, it will take us about three hours so we should be back at the shop around 1300.

How many folks are in for the ROTM?

Hope you're all having a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom