Events/Trails Pachanga at OverLand Cruisers in Sonoita! 11/13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Which option is safer - in town camping or in the outback?
Both are super safe.

In spite of the increased border traffic our area of operations is still very chill...knock on wood. 😜

The in town option is great for those who want to have a few beverages around the bonfire at the shop and walk back to their camp site.

I imagine folks looking to stay out in the bushes would like to get camp set up in time to enjoy sunset (1730ish...) so they'll leave quite a bit earlier.

Both are super safe.

In spite of the increased border traffic our area of operations is still very chill...knock on wood. 😜

The in town option is great for those who want to have a few beverages around the bonfire at the shop and walk back to their camp site.

I imagine folks looking to stay out in the bushes would like to get camp set up in time to enjoy sunset (1730ish...) so they'll leave quite a bit earlier.
I'm up for some socially distant in-town camping.

I plan on going and camping at fairgrounds is good for me.

Lorna and will be there Saturday.

Don't forget BLM permit if you are going to camp or drive on BLM land. Get one if you don't have one already.
Where do you need a blm permit around Sonoita?

I believe the only nearby paid camping, besides any private RV parks, is at Parker Canyon Lake and Patagonia State Park. Great free camping in the Coronado and the Empire Ranch. We wheel in those areas frequently and no permits are required to my knowledge.

I should be down for this. We own property in Sonoita and will be staying there. There are dispersed spots in Las Cienegas including a large group site. I believe you have to get a permit for that. Other stuff just north of town off of Gardner Canyon Road. Johnny would be more knowledgeable than me though.

Neither Las Cienagas NCA nor the Coronado National Forest require a permit for camping. :)

The developed recreation sites at Parker Canyon Lake are pay to play, as is Patagonia Lake State Park.

The fairgrounds charges $10, we'll have their sign up info posted in plenty of time.

Hope you're all having a great day!

Got my $10 ready.

Darn, we are headed to Williams that weekend. I am often in the area for work anyhow but I miss meeting up with everyone!
We will miss you but will catch up soon.

As of right now I am a definite possibly maybe. I would love to be 100% but it is hard to say that when I am all torn apart. My goal is to have her (Uma) done for the night before but I would only be that day with me and possibly 2 kiddos.

We'll be cooking up some carne asada tacos and other deliciousness from around 1400-1600.

The ROTM will leave the shop mid-morning and arrive back in time to gorge themselves on tacos and visit with those who don't go on the run.

The run we have in mind is pretty stocker friendly if the driver does their part, plus it isn't too grown over for those with decent paint.

More soon. :)

TRD Pro Prius ready to Expo As Fawk activities. I’ll be shotgunning the hardcore run. Just have to install the limb risers and snorkel.

I’ll be sponsored by Beno Techical Industries…. You can also contribute to my Patreon. I’m shooting for 165K followers on IG so I can monetize my life! :lol:

5038F291-3667-4A8B-9226-09325C40559C.jpeg

TRD Pro Prius ready to Expo As Fawk activities. I’ll be shotgunning the hardcore run. Just have to install the limb risers and snorkel.

I’ll be sponsored by Beno Techical Industries…. You can also contribute to my Patreon. I’m shooting for 165K followers on IG so I can monetize my life! :lol:

View attachment 2816458
Looks like it may need 868s in the rear... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom