Builds Out with the old and in with the new!(turboed 2h!) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am gonna stop in next time!
If you ever feel like driving south, you know where I am. I will actually set something up for us to meet this spring. I have been putting this off for too long!

My truck may need a tranny-tcase rebuild soon. I hear a clatter when in neutral at idle and I am sure it's the input bearing or something. Truck's always made that noise but now is more pronounced. It is not the trow out as I have already replaced that with brand new Toyota part not too long ago. I will make a video of it to post on here. If i apply slight pressure on the shifter towards any gear, without depressing the clutch pedal, the sound diminishes somewhat. If I depress the clutch, the sound goes away all together, leading me to believe it is something in the transmission. I also have the dreaded oil migration issue, which I planned on fixing with the equalizing hose but I cannot install it because half the threads on the t-case fill plug are buggered. Found them like that when I got the truck. Now, for the million dollar question, does anyone here in the tri state know of a good reputable shop that can rebuild my combo? I don't ave all the spacial tools required to do the job myself, plus I never rebuilt a transmission so. I mean I have the FSM, and I could follow that but I would probably be better off paying someone I could trust to do it. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I picked up a couple goodies for the old girl!
20200302_155655.jpg

I have the exact same symptoms with my tranny.
Pretty sure its a beari g in there. Neet to order rebuild kits from George at valley hybrids and see if I can tackle the job myself.

Critter eye view! Can someone tell me what the hell is up with my ds spring. Looks damn weird, like a leaf wants to come out, although looks like it has been designed that way.
20200309_182636.jpg

Looks like one (more like several) add-a-leafs or junkard leafs added to the stock spring pack. Definitely looks like one of them (2 down from the mil wrap, directly above that gap) is in there backwards.

I think I've got a vintage beno coozie kicking around somewhere too :eek:

Something goofy going on there, looks like an extra add a leaf in there that is sticking out too far forward. And/or a broken leaf that is migrating forward, there’s a gap through the spring body.
Looks nothing like the pass. side.

Exactly, looks weird. Functions well, I mean I had the truck for 6 years now without an issue. I will be installing a OME lift that I have on my parts truck soon. Gotta see which one it is. I hope is the medium duty one.

I had 3 broken springs in the packs. One I knew about the others I discovered doing the OME.

I am curious to see what I find as well. I had the rears off while I patched up my chassis and completed the axle rebuild but I did not see any broken leaves at the time. That was last summer.

That square-ended leaf is an add-a-leaf if I were to venture a guess. Toyota leaves are all tapered. That tells me that someone had that pack apart and reconfigured it. No clue why they didn't do the other side, but I'd get it out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom