New to me 1985 2H turbo - couple of weird things to note (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

After months of being a silent reader of these forums, I've bitten the bullet and bought a gorgeous 1985 HJ60 with a (apparently) dealer installed turbo, fairey overdrive and other bits and pieces

It's developed a rattling sound from the shifter (sounds like coins in a pocket), and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
Also, while I'm here, the A/C fuse isn't getting power (short of chasing wiring for days, anyone got any experience with this?)

Oh, yeah, here's some photos of the old girl - taking name recommendations

CRUISER 1.jpg

CRUISER 2.jpg

CRUISER 3.jpg

Welcome!

Does the rattle change depending on whether the clutch is engaged or disengaged?

Welcome!

Does the rattle change depending on whether the clutch is engaged or disengaged?
Yes! Rattles regardless of whether or not I'm holding the gear stick, but when the clutch is engaged it stops. I've attributed it to the vibration of the driveline (but I know less than f-all about this sort of thing)

I had two kinds rattles in my hj60 back when I got it, both coming from the gear box, so it seemed. One turned out to be the throw-out bearing, which seems to be the case with yours, since it goes away when clutch is depressed. The other was wear on the counter shaft, which was audible only with clutch released, not depressed.

After months of being a silent reader of these forums, I've bitten the bullet and bought a gorgeous 1985 HJ60 with a (apparently) dealer installed turbo, fairey overdrive and other bits and pieces

Awww...no Money Shot of the engine bay? :(

Congrats on the purchase, it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom