Opinions on Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Personally, I don't care for Duratracs, especially in the winter. I find that they slide around more than other tires I've used. Currently, I run KO2's in the summer and Geolandar I/T's in the winter.

You asked for opinions.....
My opinion is that they are terrible overall. They are a decent tire in snow when they are new-ish. But everyone I know that has had them complains about terrible treadlife and wear. The sidewalls are paper thin and prone to punctures (moreso than many other options). Traction is fair but nothing to write home about and the thin sidewalls make for slushy cornering. There are many better options out there.

You asked for opinions.....
My opinion is that they are terrible overall. They are a decent tire in snow when they are new-ish. But everyone I know that has had them complains about terrible treadlife and wear. The sidewalls are paper thin and prone to punctures (moreso than many other options). Traction is fair but nothing to write home about and the thin sidewalls make for slushy cornering. There are many better options out there.

For me, the treadlife has been OK, but only if you can stand the noise. They are as loud or louder than full mud tires after they get 50% wear or more. I'm anxious for them to be done so I can buy something else and I may run out of patience before I run out of tread.

For me, the treadlife has been OK, but only if you can stand the noise. They are as loud or louder than full mud tires after they get 50% wear or more. I'm anxious for them to be done so I can buy something else and I may run out of patience before I run out of tread.
That's where I'm at with my STT Pros. Unbearable noise at 50% tread. They're getting moved to the trailer.

That's too bad. I was kind of considering those as my next move. hmm. Maybe it's just the nature of a tire with aggressive lug design.
I don't think so. I had excellent wear pattern and low noise from MTR Kevlars. They are easily the best tire I've run. Super tough, awesome traction. The Coopers are a good looking tire and are decent but I think the sidewalls are a bit soft. When driving fast the tires roll over in corners more than I like and they understeer. For that kind of driving the MTR and the Baja Claw TTC have been the best Ive run. Stable performance and excellent turn-in on corners.

OK fine, I'll jump in too.
I'm on my 2nd set of Duratracs 315/75R16. We do lots of long road trips and they are very stable in all weather conditions. However, If I could only have 1 set of tires for both on and off road, I would go with MT/Rs. I had some pretty poor experiences with multiple BFG products across the years. I don't even look at that brand anymore.

And I'm still running @jonhelds original set of Duratracs and still going strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom