ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sad thing is....I have like 3 spare tanks, all empty. Well....now 2 of them are full. 👍
Yeah, I have 2 empties in a storage unit, one empty here... and just exchange the one on the grill seemingly every time... during the middle of a cook

woke up really wanting some jalapeno poppers.... went to ask my plants to give me some by lunch but they are being dicks.... looks like i'll have to venture to the store today

woke up really wanting some jalapeno poppers.... went to ask my plants to give me some by lunch but they are being dicks.... looks like i'll have to venture to the store today

you need some of these food lion GMO varieties :)

15CB481C-EA60-4865-BB34-0BC6934B29B8.jpeg

F8D0D499-50AD-478D-8B1A-F42B5F21EF39.jpeg

0B747956-C94F-4628-A8E2-6D2EEB23731A.jpeg

Turned out really good actually. Not quite as much smoke as I would have liked, but nice and juicy and plenty tender. Couldn’t keep the chips producing smoke in the smoke boxes. I did have to wrap it for the last 90 minutes or so to get past the stall.

Here's an idea. Your friend Ramon REALLY loves brisket. just sayin'

Didn't take any pics, but last night we heated up some of the leftover pork from the other day in the cast iron skillet, using some of the congealed drippin's for the skillet grease/fat and.....Oh....My....God...was it delicious. Made some pulled pork tacos with white corn tortillas, cheese, jalapenos, and some sauteed bell peppers. Might have to do that again this weekend.

Keeping it simple tonight. Don’t remember the last time I had steak. This is going to be awesome.
17AEB88D-D7F8-46A0-BCB8-A94666DA1264.jpeg

It’s ugly, but this duck, over apple with a chunk of hickory, is gonna be great. Or at least my downwind neighbors will assume so!

I hope you’re saving that duck fat for some fried potatoes later!

I hope you’re saving that duck fat for some fried potatoes later!
You know it. There's also the chunks I trimmed off it first that I'll render later today when I get bored.

Just loaded up two butts and a tray of sweet potatoes into the Egg. I don't remember doing butts since the batches I made for Fall Crawl in October. Looking forward to this.

One thing about Carolina folks is that they love their pork.
I have a question for you guys.
Who has ever had carnitas?
I am going to make some today.
by far my favorite way to eat pork.

Who has ever had carnitas?
Oh hell yeah. I've done it a few times when I happened to have a fryer full of oil AND pork at the same time, but it's been a few years. I've generally tried to avoid frying foods unless it was around Thanksgiving time. Just realized the other day that I haven't even made fried chicken since 2016!!! Truth be told, I really only ever did it once a year and stopped for the year once I thought I had nailed it.

Just loaded up two butts and a tray of sweet potatoes into the Egg.
IMG_9208.jpg

The potatoes are all around 205*F and the pig is around 165*F. It's about time to pull the spuds and wrap the pig. FYI I always do my sweet potatoes around 3:2 smoked/wrapped so that I can have a less smokey product once they're mixed. My wife and the other usual recipients of the extras aren't as fond as I am of smokey potatoes.

Oh hell yeah. I've done it a few times when I happened to have a fryer full of oil AND pork at the same time, but it's been a few years. I've generally tried to avoid frying foods unless it was around Thanksgiving time. Just realized the other day that I haven't even made fried chicken since 2016!!! Truth be told, I really only ever did it once a year and stopped for the year once I thought I had nailed it.

no oil homie
only lard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom