ONSC Other Cars Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More

13673C43-DE9E-43DB-82F7-CEDBB1EFF0DC.jpeg

49BB111E-17EA-4FAA-9721-514948F278C5.jpeg

7C12A4DA-6330-48DA-B397-4A460D1D7FEE.jpeg

5778E836-45CA-4DF0-9685-8EF9CD424C1E.jpeg

So you still own all these vehicles? Well, if so, I want to thank you for making me feel so much better about myself. And I thought I had it bad. You, sir, need an intervention.

Last edited:
So you still own all these vehicles? Well, If so, I want to thank you for making me feel so much better about myself. And I thought I had it bad. You, sir, need an intervention.
Yes I still have everything pictured. That’s most of them. There are a few fords. Air bagged 1964 galaxie, Fe powered 1956 f00, 1953 Chevrolet 2 door sedan, 1953 desoto. I cut loose 20+ in the last few years.
Got rid of 5 cruiser projects, but still have 7 complete cruisers, all complete runners or close and enough parts to build 2-3 more. The plan has always been to finish all my dream builds and only keep the ones I was in love with. In the next 5-10 years I would like to get it down to 7-8 finished and 3-4 projects. That would mean selling 20+
That’s my retirement plan.
Only payment I have is the 4500 work truck. I might not save or invest wisely but I did make it a point to pay off the shop/land and all my bills. Took me a lot longer than it should have. I always figured I could just work harder and make more money. Spent 20 years working 100hrs a week and playing hard when I got the chance. I would like to have a more balanced life. It took a long time to figure out that you don’t have to make it if you don’t spend it.

Last edited:
Is that Garrett?!?

Better than a Prius ;)

I thought maybe it was Eric back in the day when that Pinto was brand new?

Still tech own the Prius V. Son is driving it until he can buy the Rav4 :) (hopefully).

Heavytlc.....have always loved that Burb and the crew cab too! That was a great find.

Yes I still have everything pictured. That’s most of them. There are a few fords. Air bagged 1964 galaxie, Fe powered 1956 f00, 1953 Chevrolet 2 door sedan, 1953 desoto. I cut loose 20+ in the last few years.
Got rid of 5 cruiser projects, but still have 7 complete cruisers, all complete runners or close and enough parts to build 2-3 more. The plan has always been to finish all my dream builds and only keep the ones I was in love with. In the next 5-10 years I would like to get it down to 7-8 finished and 3-4 projects. That would mean selling 20+
That’s my retirement plan.
Only payment I have is the 4500 work truck. I might not save or invest wisely but I did make it a point to pay off the shop/land and all my bills. Took me a lot longer than it should have. I always figured I could just work harder and make more money. Spent 20 years working 100hrs a week and playing hard when I got the chance. I would like to have a more balanced life. It took a long time to figure out that you don’t have to make it if you don’t spend it.

I am in awe. 👏

Heavytlc.....have always loved that Burb and the crew cab too! That was a great find.
The suburban was a Craigslist find in Petaluma California. A friend found it about an hour after it was posted. I called the guy and made the deal. Absolutely the cleanest rust free 1972 k10 suburban I have found. After rebuilding everything mechanical, doing the full interior,a/c and suspension it turned out to be a nice driver. Full Detroit rear, Detroit true trac front, crossover steering. Found a nos warn winch bumper for it, got all the correct trim, weather strip and emblems, waiting to paint it. It is finished except for outside paint work. I may just paint the roof white and do the weather strip. They are more fun to drive and wheel before they have nice paint.
It is a camping/family/dog hauler. It is high on the favorite list with the family.

36173333-51C9-40C5-85BE-6608448AD146.jpeg

609D33FC-404A-449A-A478-CC0C44C32E78.jpeg

D9F7006A-C455-4AF4-9C3A-3174BBD0B893.jpeg

One of Us! One of Us! You made my day...exactly why I started this thread.

Fantastic collection!

p.s. I want a shot at that green/white chevy truck if you ever part ways.

I shall be telling my wife all about this ‘collection’. She thinks I need to sell some. I have the 3 cruisers, a daily wrx, an e30 convertible that needs a rear main seal, the highlander and the two kids cars: Del sol and celica. So 8 cars total. But with 4 drivers it’s not that bad.

Last edited:
Coming out of the woodwork like I anticipated!

Love it.

@heavytlc care to elaborate more on the dodge 4500/5500 hauler? I'm interested in the bed you have on it. Looks like an aluminum CM flatbed with dog boxes on top?

@heavytlc That suburban is amazing (well, all of your rigs are), but that Cheyenne has been my all time dream rig since I was about 15. Jealous is an understatement.

@heavytlc some of the best I have ever seen. Great collection. Which ones will be your keepers, like never ever sell, with such an incredible collection? Also, which one is your favorite?

@heavytlc care to elaborate more on the dodge 4500/5500 hauler? I'm interested in the bed you have on it. Looks like an aluminum CM flatbed with dog boxes on top?
It is a Carolina custom bed with 2 diamond deluxe boxes up front and a creative sports box on the back. If no one is in heat I can comfortably hold 12 German short hairs. I have 8 personal dogs, so it is almost Necessary. My other option is a jones 6 hole stainless dog trailer. My oldest short hair just turned 8, he is 9x Ufta champion, 2014 national championship. The rest are 3-7 years old. When they start dying it is going to be rough. 3-4 dogs is the maximum I can still travel comfortably with and not have dedicated rigs.
The truck is a 2017 4500 4x4 6.7 aisin, Laramie. Getting ready to trade for a 2019 last year body style 3500 srw crewcab long bed. Waiting for them to get here now. Probably be my last new truck. I bought the 2001 6speed black 4x4 dually new, so I have a pretty good track record of keeping them around.
It’s hard to pick a favorite. The fairlane is my favorite car. Built 331 c/4 8.8 locked. Made 462.6 hp @6900rpm. Drove it to bonneville in 2010, crewed on a blown gas rear engine modified roadster that set a land speed record, all because I was in the right place at the right time and drove the fairlane across country.
I had a Fj40 as my first vehicle and a daily driver for 10 years. Can’t really say that a Fj40 is good for that, at least not with my lifestyle. I really need a 1 ton or larger truck almost everyday. The 1991 k5 has been with me since 1999. It is on built ton axles, locked, ram assist, skid plated, all the right parts and way over built. It still goes down the freeway at 75-80, cruise set, ac blowing cold.
I hope with this last rebuild my fj60 will be everything I ever wanted. Technology has changed so much that it is hard to get used to daily driving one with out seamless, clear Bluetooth, heated seats and ice cold a/c. The 60 has all that and way more. Mine is vintage in bodystIe only. I make a large amount of my living while driving, and talking on the phone. The easy part anyway. Hard to do in a vintage 4x4.
I like them all, and that is the problem. All of them were built in my shop or friends shops. Everything I have has been highly modified or rebuilt. When you spend that much time with one it becomes personal.

Well unfortunately I trimmed down my car collection when I bought my house last year so the high horsepower german boosted sports cars went away and now it's just the LX470 and a recently acquired 1999 Miata that will be used for AutoX, some track days and backroad hooning. Picked it up about a month ago and working on getting it prepped for my first event the first weekend in March. It's a 45k mile, 1 owner car with leather and torsen rear end. Great choice for AutoX!

46386286802_96083aa66a_b.jpg

I’m in for the “high horsepower german boosted sports cars”...awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom