ONSC dog thread v2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So very sorry, @stevezero Sounds like Angel had a great life, which is what every pup deserves. Rest easy and run free, pretty girl...

Unfortunately had to take our Maltese, Angel, for her final ride today. She should have passed last August, so we have been on bonus time. she was 13 1/2. Needless to say there will be toasts made in her honor tonight.

Godspeed Angel

She will be running on the endless Mongolian grasslands for sure.

Added to our pack this weekend. This is Abe, the 8 week old Pudelpointer.

Most aren't familiar with the breed, but they were deveolped in the mid 19th century in Germany by crossbreeding English Pointers with standard Poodles. The breed was brought to the US in the 60's. They are "versatile" hunting dogs, that track, point, flush, and retrieve with the best of them. Similar to a German Shorthair in their natural abilities. I plan to train test and hunt Abe and look forward to getting back into the sport of duck hunting and adding upland game to the mix (something I've always wanted to do). We certainly have our hands full right now with Cosmo (our 2yo lab/hound mix) and a 8 week old puppy - trying to work from home. Cosmo LOVES to play with other dogs and crate training so far has been rocky for Abe... he's got a real set of lungs does this one. Can't wait to get them out to an event once Abe's a little older, but the M&G is unfortunately going to be too much to try and manage right now.

Abe is growing fast! Almost as tall as Cosmo now. I forgot how much work having a puppy is, for real, but boy is he awesome.

fullsizeoutput_da4.jpeg

Cosmo is a cool little dog!

I wanna volunteer at the local shelter while I’m away from home but I KNOW I will be broken hearted every day since my folks will NOT allow a dog in their house. They tolerated my police dog years ago but they’ve now put their foot down since my brother is moving from Europe to Charlottesville this summer and wants them to keep his horribly behaved labrasomething.
I’ll eventually get another furry pal.

Hah, dealing with the same. Mabel is about to turn 5 months and Parry is going on 3 years. I swear the puppy is more difficult than the last one!

View attachment 1955777

A rare moment of no motion.

Doesn't happen with Pointers very often.

Our youngest has jumped into the fray of dog ownership, she has been missing living with a dog since being on her own. We were very happy to hear that our Bernese Mountain dog breeder was preggers, the same as we’ve had the joy of getting Diesel and Mikaela’s Goose. We picked her new baby up this morning, we had the good fortune to visit the litter 2x to be able and pick our favorite.

Meet Sophie, 8wks, too adorable, we love this breed, a perfect family dog...

CE9959D8-C772-467F-BE12-046ED046AEAE.jpeg
B7D14ED0-C078-4A04-9898-0164663C4309.jpeg
4B985FAA-F73C-49B2-AED9-FF164E84BDED.jpeg

Cute puppy!!!

Even this guy likes him!! :)

20190403_185912.jpg

Wife and Daughter went to the 9/11 memorial and saw this cool exhibit honoring the dogs of 9/11:

20190416_113340.jpg

Abe's almost as big as Cosmo now, and there's a changing of the guard happening. So glad these guys LOVE playing together the way they do, sometimes too much!

We went and picked out our new addition the the pack today. He is a three plus week old Leopard Catahoula with blue eyes. Mom and Dad are both great looking fit dogs. Dad is a hog hunter but Mom is more a around the farm dog, so good mix. We pick him up end of month, he is one of 9, 9 Houla pups is more cute than one can handle. No name for him yet, we are going to let him tell us his name.

197154156_4471871639510359_4058548248968223258_n.jpg

197510352_4471871706177019_7117951039399974414_n.jpg

We picked up this puppy, J.R., in June 2020 before the move north. He is now 14 months old and almost 100#. The crazy thing is when scratch/rub him you can still feel his ribs. He is going to be Huge Malamute 🐺.

2F7B6134-16BD-4815-9F62-17C46350FF97.jpeg

Italian Greyhound. 8 weeks old. Picked her up south of Atlanta yesterday. No name yet (and Sarah has turned down yet another suggestion...The Fat Boys - WTH??? She'd be the only one, anywhere we go!). This is our first puppy...always adopted adults before.

For scale, the leash is 1/2" wide. I doubt she weighs even 2lbs.
IMG_2718.jpeg

We picked up this puppy, J.R., in June 2020 before the move north. He is now 14 months old and almost 100#. The crazy thing is when scratch/rub him you can still feel his ribs. He is going to be Huge Malamute 🐺.

View attachment 2696642
I had Malamutes most of my adult life until I discovered Tibetan Mastiffs, find them equally challenging to humans who think they have some sort of power over them, what a handsome example of the breed :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom