ONSC dog thread v2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RIP Miss Ruby

I recall camping at Harlan with Ruby acting as our guard dog all night and waking up in the middle of the night to hear Ruby nearby in the bushes growling at something. Whatever it was must have left the area because we never were bothered by other animals or people. In the morning, she just greeted us and went to sleep under Jerry's trailer, the day shift had taken over.............

@Mtbcoach - Jerry... no words brother. You know, I know. She was such a sweet girl and I really enjoyed spending time with her on trips, while wrenching, and the occasional dog sitting. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Jerry my friend I am so sorry to hear the news. Rest easy Ruby knowing the joyful impact you left on your family.

Jerry, so very sorry to hear. I'll echo the others having no appropriate words to provide comfort in this time, but I too am glad to have seen her recently as well. You gave her an incredible life of love and adventure and she returned that favor to the whole household, and many of us as well.

Jerry - Very sorry to hear. Wish I had met Ruby :) She sounds like an amazing friend and companion and as such, lived out her life to its fullest!

We lost our little buddy Harry recently, who I constantly reminded everyone who would listen, was "the dog that comes around once in a lifetime" - - and now we have Dexter - -and he is the wonderful friend Harry was and different in great ways.

I wish you the best and the family.

Jerry - Like I said on FB, I have very fond memories of Rubi. I feel your pain brother. Losing such a special friend and companion is one of the hardest things you can go through.

Rest easy, Rubi. You will be missed.

Thanks for all the kind words, didn't mean to depress the thread. In an effort to lift it some, never introduced our oldest daughter Mikaela's first dog, Goose the Bernese Mountain Dog. He lives in Durham with Mikaela and Brianna, these pics are when she first got him. He is from the same breeder we got Diesel from, not an official ONSC dog but in the family...

IMG_4324.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

Great looking puppy, Diesel has a Mini Me!

So sorry to hear about your Tibetan Mastiff. Great looking dog for sure.

Love the Berners too. Amazing dogs. We have the big brother to the Berner, the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. He just turned 1.5 and is an integral member of our family. Here he is @ 12 months with my son. Cannot imagine life without dogs.

image.jpeg

So sorry to hear about your Tibetan Mastiff. Great looking dog for sure.

Love the Berners too. Amazing dogs. We have the big brother to the Berner, the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. He just turned 1.5 and is an integral member of our family. Here he is @ 12 months with my son. Cannot imagine life without dogs.

View attachment 1505722

We have been a two-legged household for 7 months now, and likely will be for another 6 months or so. I'm not digging it.

"You're my Dad and I love you, cause If I didn't I'd have ripped this stupid hat off by now"

Dexter had his first vet check up today since we became parents, and he had a clean bill of health!

20170816_102954.jpg

Bringing this thread back. :) Thought about placing in the rant thread, but that wouldn't be productive.

It never ceases to amaze me how s***ty people are. This pooch, Skeeter, was my neighbors' dog and without going into the nitty gritty, they left and 'left' him with someone else. I used to take care of him when they would go away. Skeeter showed up at the house two weeks ago about 40? pounds lighter and hurting. Had him in the house during the cold weather and had been feeding him as much as he could eat after taking it slowly the first couple of days. My pooch is a worried and a jealous dog, so it's not in the cards for to keep him. I am pretty sure he is a Redtick Coonhound. He's at the Watauga Humane Society and I'll pay the adoption fee if anyone is interested and inclined. Any questions on Skeeter please feel free to PM me and I'll answer the best I can.

Watauga Humane on Twitter

skeets2.jpg

We went on vacation this past week and left Bristol & Sam at a very highly recommended local kennel. Owner said they did OK but took a while to loosen up a bit. All in all they did OK.

Xt-B9GAQsehdN9KlJRJHRwwh3IYv0_qdWZfW2CAYn1fWHo3yEsVTq5GIUfERXnalaLXyKW9iNCiHw8yiBkEQw9Zi7heAFqBRC93Zd81_8aAlAQYFsC0fu_HW2UGDeZsIeVVKptn9FW4=w1200-h900-no

"Go ahead, keep pointing that thing at me"

nHbtPRbCJvhFPtzrgMinuV1voz7M84TAclDBwFL27Dp07CSXwU499coxRmernbGJDvvEIUMlRUIQPmfYUNfulrrWUFr8mSTz9RglcE-DwKRn8zzRhDH93kfkUAOl0TZZeAGmPD5DL0Q=w1201-h900-no

We are still curious about Dexter's breeds.

We found this last week that talks about the Carolina Dog: Carolina Dog Breeder American Dingo Dog Breeders Carolina Dogs

Dexter basically fits about every characteristic. He likes to "talk" via a chortling sounds, too, which we joked was like we thought a Basenji would sound.

We do think he has either German Shepherd and/or Whippet or something in him, too :) His coat has the look of a shepherd or hound a bit.

We found this last week that talks about the Carolina Dog: Carolina Dog Breeder American Dingo Dog Breeders Carolina Dogs

Dexter basically fits about every characteristic. He likes to "talk" via a chortling sounds, too, which we joked was like we thought a Basenji would sound.

We do think he has either German Shepherd and/or Whippet or something in him, too :) His coat has the look of a shepherd or hound a bit.

There is someone on the 100s board that has a Carolina dog - I'll see if I can find his posts again - I had never heard of a Carolina dog until I saw a pic of it....very cool. When I have an extra $169? I'd like to get the dna test on our pooch, but it's pretty low on the list ;).....

We’ve had one of these “American Dingos” in the past. Found on the side of the road clearly abused or attacked by something no tags etc. She was with us for 8 years before passing away two years ago and vet estimated she was 5-7 when we took her in.

I was told that a multi colored tounge is another tell tale sign but truth is almost all of them seem to have something else in them.

We were convinced ours had some Husky because of a ridiculous undercoat that popped up the first sign of colder weather.

She probably barked twice in 9 years but it was more screech than bark like a Basenji. If Dexter is one he will probably be great at catching rodents. Bailey killed and shredded squirrels in the backyard frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom