ONSC CHRISTMAS PARTY 2019 - DEC 6-8th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
This year's Christmas party will be held December 6th-8th. As always, the main party is Saturday night with the club sponsored meal and Secret Santa Gift Exchange happening that evening.

Some Highlights:

When:
Arrive any time after noon on Friday the 6th - Pack up and leave on Sunday
Where:
The Barn (see attached)
What:
Camping/Family Fun/Christmas Gifts/Great Food/Campfire
What to bring:
  • Wrapped gift for Secret Santa
  • Potluck offering for Saturday Night
  • Food/camping gear and personal effects for the rest of the weekend (Grocery store is 30 mins away)
  • Well behaved kids and dogs
  • Appropriate clothing/gloves for the trail work day (if participating)
  • Your Land Cruiser if you can

And now the details:

Every year, ONSC celebrates Christmas with a small gathering at the Barn in Troy by Uwharrie National Forest. The barn is a large open building with loft sleeping for a few lucky folks and large wood burning stoves inside and a large roaring fire pit outside. Family atmosphere with kids and dogs enjoying free roam of the nicely tucked away and secluded grounds. A creek passes through the back of the property allowing for some very scenic and quiet camping spots.

Camping locations for tents, truck and RTT camping are shown on the attached map in the shaded green areas. There is also space for a limited number of RVs or trailers. No showers are available, but a pit toilet as well as a clean portable bathroom will be provided. The barn has electricity for crock pots as well as several gas burners and hot and cold running water.

The Secret Santa gift exchange is the same as in prior years. Please fully wrap your gift, keeping it anonymous. Place your item under the tree in the barn. Gifts can be good, terrible, silly, useless, embarrassing, Cruiser or not Cruiser related. Alcohol makes a great gift - hilarious and somewhat inappropriate gifts are encouraged. Please just be conscious of the family friendly atmosphere. Participating folks draw numbers from a hat to see who goes first. The person then chooses a wrapped present from the pile. No shaking or holding prior to choosing. That gift is opened for all to see - the next person has the option to choose to steal any of the gifts opened prior to them or choose a prize from the unopened pile. This goes on until all gifts are chosen. Any gift can change hands 2 times - the third person with the gift is stuck with it. Participation is optional, but please only participate if you chose to bring a gift.

Santa will be making an appearance. There is (obviously) a limited number of toys available, but please encourage your child to come over and see Santa (at least it might help you figure out what your kid wants for Xmas)

The main meal will provided by the club for Saturday night. Likely pork BBQ. Please bring a potluck item to share. Store bought items are fine, but we'd love to see your family recipes. There are plenty of outlets for crock pots if you need them.

The Workday will be on Saturday - likely focused on cleaning up or repairing a section of the Uwharrie trail system. Participation is optional but we strongly encourage all to attend. The level of effort is your choice.

Please come out and join the fun!

map.jpg

Last edited:
Lumbee's wife's birthday weekend usually falls on the party as well. There is singing and hugs and all kids of fun for birthday wives. :)
90CD2831-66AA-43BB-BFF4-D6B68F6D420E.jpeg

Lumbee's wife's birthday weekend usually falls on the party as well. There is singing and hugs and all kids of fun for birthday wives. :)
Ill see if i can swing it, we have a bday dinner and sat is a cirque de sol whatever thing. Might just be for half a day or so if i can swing it.

Im in , looking forward to it.

Will be there with my boys and the dog. My wife is hoping to feel good enough to be able to come.

Would like to get there afternoon on Friday but we will see.

I'll probably only be able to be there Saturday, but I'm trying to get the wife to come along as well.

Also, can we pour one out for dirty santa? Sad to see that particular tradition go by the wayside *for the kids*.

I can remove the PG13 limit if there is public outcry. :) Personally I like outrageous gift giving.

The dirty part was always the stealing tho. That part remains. And if you wanna wrap up a big dildo as a gift feel free. Although without Adam there who’s gonna steal it?

The dirty part was always the stealing tho.

No it wasn't. That's any white elephant style gift exchange, that's not dirty. EDIT: idc what google says. The way "dirty santa" used to be done in ONSC was "dirty" as in mostly NC-17 style gifts. Club history tidbit.

The dirty part was all in the gifts; karma pooptra, *toys*, *calendars*, provocative posters, squatty potty, etc. It's been on the downtrend for the past few years.

Last edited:
My kids and I won't be participating in a dildo exchange with the group but don't mind us. We are happy to just hang out by the fire until it is over.

^^ and that's why it's been on the downtrend

I'm not advocating to bring dirty santa back, just sad to see it's gone.

No it wasn't. That's any white elephant style gift exchange, that's not dirty.

The dirty part was all in the gifts; karma pooptra, *toys*, *calendars*, provocative posters, squatty potty, etc. It's been on the downtrend for the past few years.
That may be the case as far as the downtrend - I came in after it had tamed down. For clarity though - the dirty part definitely IS the stealing not the adult nature. Google agrees - as does urban dictionary.

I shall remove the PG13 requirement - I expect there to be hilarity or I will be disappointed!

Santa will distribute some gifts to keep the kiddies distracted....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom