OME Add a Leaf - who has done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So dumb question, Im thinking for now I want to put add a leafs on instead of a lift. Just doing this so I can get it back to normal hieght until I can afford a lift. So you can ut them on all four corners right? And if so, it wont change anything right? Thanks guys. Anthony

Short answer yes you can .. put 1 long leaf at each corner and you maybe get a little lift .. 1.5" - 2" with no mayor other upgrades mods ..

BigCruizer said:
So dumb question, Im thinking for now I want to put add a leafs on instead of a lift. Just doing this so I can get it back to normal hieght until I can afford a lift. So you can ut them on all four corners right? And if so, it wont change anything right? Thanks guys. Anthony

I don't think adding one OME spring to each corner would be very cost effective in the short term and expecially not in the long term.

Whereas the OME add a leafs for the front cost approximately $50.00 each, complete medium spring packs cost approximately $97.50 each. Whereas OME add a leafs for the rear cost approximately $55.00 each, complete medium spring packs cost approximately $132.00 each. In other words, you would spend about $210.00 for add a leafs versus about $459.00 for complete spring packs for all for corners.

Some of the initial $249.00 "savings" will be eroded by having to buy u-bolts twice, if you go the add a leaf now and complete spring packs later route (figure an extra $105.00 for OME u-bolts) and by having to pay for shipping springs and u-bolts twice.

If you factor in the value of your time to do alot of the same work twice, it just doesn't pencil out, IMHO.

lift option

So if I were to just get the ome leaf packs instead, would it be worth it to just get the kit? What else would I need if I just got the springs? new shackles, possible shocks, ect?:)

BigCruizer said:
So if I were to just get the ome leaf packs instead, would it be worth it to just get the kit? What else would I need if I just got the springs? new shackles, possible shocks, ect?:)

At a minimum you will need new bushings and U-blots, shocks "could" wait (I don't recomend it unless they are long enough), and shackles & pins can be re-used if you are careful taking out the old ones. Hope that helps... :D

cruiseroutfit said:
At a minimum you will need new bushings and U-blots, shocks "could" wait (I don't recomend it unless they are long enough), and shackles & pins can be re-used if you are careful taking out the old ones. Hope that helps... :D

so the factory shackles can be used with the OME.

beaufort-fj60 said:
so the factory shackles can be used with the OME.

Absolutely, the dimensions of the OME shackles are the same as the OEM ones (well the OME ones are 10mm taller to accomodate a slightly longer spring). But, I find that most shackles and pins are destroyed when removing them. If you can't afford the bling OME stuff, just get some aftermarket replacments, that way you don't have to try and save the originals (unless your truck is super clean, they may come out nicely)

:D

Is it possible to move a 3rd leaf from the rear pack up to the front pack? ie: I've got heavy/heavy now and it is too heavy in back, not heavy enough up front (moved it from a gasser to a diesel).

So can I soften the rear and harden the front all at once? that would be great... but I don't want to pull stuff apart unless it will work

my recomendation .. I thought the best way is removing the heavy load leaf ( the flat one ) rear .. and if you want more strong spring front ( I don't thinks so ) maybe an add a leaf from Maf is a good choice.

sandcruiser said:
Is it possible to move a 3rd leaf from the rear pack up to the front pack? ie: I've got heavy/heavy now and it is too heavy in back, not heavy enough up front (moved it from a gasser to a diesel).

So can I soften the rear and harden the front all at once? that would be great... but I don't want to pull stuff apart unless it will work

Sure, I don't know why it wouldn't work... but you may just want to buy an OME add-a-leaf that is made for the front, it is going to be shorter than the one from a rear (however that 3rd rear leaf may be about perfect). Hope that helps... :D

well, in the end I got the OME addaleaf for the front. It works great. The front is currently a little bit stiffer than I need, but I figure that once I reinstall the winch, that should even things right out.

Definitely worth the expense of buying the extra leaf.

I also installed new bushings all the way around, which eliminated some of the minor slop that was there-- big plus. Amazing how much of a difference that made in stiffening things up and quieting them down.

The Old Man Emu additional leafs have been discontinued and replaced by Dakar versions (same situation as the leaf springs). When they did this they eliminated one of the front AAL options... here is the latest offereings :D

CS003F + D1XL = CS004F
CS004F + D1XL = CS005F
CS017R + D2XL = CS004R
CS004R + D2XL = CS005R

i added a leaf to my front springs, very happy with the results.

it felt a touch too-stiff at first, but after putting the ARB and winch back on, and letting things settle for 4 months, it feels great now

I have installed the Dakkar cs004f inthe front of my Hj61 but I am not happy with the result of the lift.
If I would order the extra leaf D1XL will it lift the front a bit and will it be more stiff.
Is the D1XL a flat or a arched leaf an in wich place of the spring pack it have to be installed.

I have installed the Dakkar cs004f inthe front of my Hj61 but I am not happy with the result of the lift.
If I would order the extra leaf D1XL will it lift the front a bit and will it be more stiff.
Is the D1XL a flat or a arched leaf an in wich place of the spring pack it have to be installed.

Yes it will lift truck, amount depends on your setup.
Arched to match the CS004F
Goes in the #3 spot (from the top)

thank you Kurt
do you ship to France?

Smaller items you but, Unfortunately I'm fairly sure the AAL's would exceed the USPS dimension allowances for international shipments.

OK Kurt thank you for the information anyway.
I got a friend in miami and he is suposed to visit me in september so I will ask him to bring them.

I put a set on the rear over Christmas, last year I added a rear cargo box and a heavy rear bumper/tire carrier. The rear was sagging and the leaves gave me about 2 inches of lift and leveled the rig back out. The before measurements were 33-1/2" on drivers and 31-1/2" on passenger, and after it was 34-3/4" drivers and 34-1/2" so it also eliminated a good portion of the cruiser lean. They were the long AAL's.

image-2483524354.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom