OME Add a Leaf - who has done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed an add on leaf on my 62 OME rears, and now looking to remove it as I am running less weight. I cannot for the life of me remember which leaf is the added one. Anyway to tell? I know we installed it correct as we followed the instructions, but they're long gone:)

Much thanks.

I installed an add on leaf on my 62 OME rears, and now looking to remove it as I am running less weight. I cannot for the life of me remember which leaf is the added one. Anyway to tell? I know we installed it correct as we followed the instructions, but they're long gone:)

Much thanks.

No idea really but a quick google search lead me to this link. https://4wheelonline.com/Images/oldmanemu/old-man-emu-ometjhk.pdf

Quoting from page 42:

"To knock a spring down the general rule is to remove the 3rd leaf down from the main leaf. However, should the 3rd leaf have a spring clip attached remove the 4th leaf."

Applications for a 62 are on page 24 and installation and removal instructions are on page 58. Hope that helps a bit.

No idea really but a quick google search lead me to this link. https://4wheelonline.com/Images/oldmanemu/old-man-emu-ometjhk.pdf

Quoting from page 42:

"To knock a spring down the general rule is to remove the 3rd leaf down from the main leaf. However, should the 3rd leaf have a spring clip attached remove the 4th leaf."

Applications for a 62 are on page 24 and installation and removal instructions are on page 58. Hope that helps a bit.

Thank you sir @WarDamnEagle

Much thanks.

What springs did you have back there when you "added" weight? I ask because I have OME heavy (about 8-9 springs back there) and I'm about to add a 4x4 labs bumper, should be right on with my spring setup but just checking what you had and what you added that created the need for the Add a Leaf

cheers

Just did this. Used a pair of pipe clamps to compress the loose spring pack. Aligning the holes for the center pin was the challenge. I had a twisted jack handle from a Scion that I cut down to use for an alignment bar. That helped for a rough hole alignment of the leaves, then had to tap the ends of individual leaves with a hammer to fine tune the holes.

IMG_5217-1.jpg

Just did this. Used a pair of pipe clamps to compress the loose spring pack. Aligning the holes for the center pin was the challenge. I had a twisted jack handle from a Scion that I cut down to use for an alignment bar. That helped for a rough hole alignment of the leaves, then had to tap the ends of individual leaves with a hammer to fine tune the holes.

View attachment 2454206

8+2....that’s a chunky looking spring. Is that a heavy (005) with an additional AAL?

8+2....that’s a chunky looking spring. Is that a heavy (005) with an additional AAL?

Yes CS005RA + D2XL. A year ago I installed the CS005RB without the AAL and with all the weight in the rear didn't have as much lift as I wanted so I swapped out for the heavy plus AAL with more arch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom