OM606 Thread/Info/Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m running a 5.5cm Holset he221w and some other adapters and housings from them. The He221w is great on my 13bt
Same here, but 3B(-T).
IMG_6185.jpeg

I've seen several OM606 versions where the compressed turbo airflow goes through the intake manifold on top of the valve cover and the other does not.

Anyone know the differences in these versions of the engine and which one goes on top? I do know the 91's aren't turbo.

I believe the ones with the intake that goes over the top are all NA and will have the weaker rods. The turbo versions have a front mounted intercooler which brings the intake to the drivers side and then over to the manifold, so no crossover needed.

Well, that was simple. thx.
So it seems like many people put on a turbo without an intercooler nor changing the rods.

Well, that was simple. thx.
So it seems like many people put on a turbo without an intercooler nor changing the rods.
606.910 (w124)
606.912 (w210) are non-turbo, the others are turbo.

there are alot of differences not just the rods.

I don't think I've seen any om606 project that didn't use an inter cooler but I'm sure there is one out there somewhere i wouldn't recommend it unless you were going to run even less turbo then stock.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 3.12.59 PM.png

Here's the engine in question... no intercooler... seems like a 606.91x version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom