Builds Officially a Build Now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are the after lift pics still with stock wheels and tires. I think I’m going to put some more preload on the front. Looks a tad to raked to me. I made the mistake of not measuring before I started.

12D4DEA2-9140-4ACD-92F5-BA23916437F3.jpeg

FDF68F5C-7EC6-441C-9D02-F696487DE53D.jpeg

Cranked the preload on the coilovers and ended up with 4 turns total from the stock setting on the passenger side and 5 turns on driver. After driving it it still seems a tad low on the front measuring vs the rear. Man I wish I had measured before I started.

Last edited:
Cranked the preload on the coilovers and ended up with 4 turns total from the stock setting on the passenger side and 5 turns on driver. After driving it it still seems a tad low on the front measuring vs the rear. Man I wish I had measured before I started.
Rad!
I'm stock rear and at 21ish"
I think front stock is 19.75" ish.
I have a leveling puck and front is now @ 21.25" ish now.
So you've gone from sub-20" to North of 24 in front.

Edit just measured
DF 21.25 (stock would be 19.75ish)
DR 20 7/8
PF 21.25 (stock would be 19.75ish)
PR 20 7/8

Last edited:
I measured one at a used lot in town and it was very close to yours like 19.5. Mine after driving it around some settled to 23 in the front and 24 in the rear.

Yep, that's the Toyota lean. Battery, gas tank, and driver are all on the driver's side, so they tend to lean a bit.

Of course new spring settle after some use. We see it in dirt bikes all the time. Rear preload is a critical measurement with handling an it’s something that changes as the spring settles in. You have to check it regularly.

Yep, that's the Toyota lean. Battery, gas tank, and driver are all on the driver's side, so they tend to lean a bit.
So I’m actually a tad higher passenger side right now with a full tank of fuel. I’m thinking that should be about right then. I’m trying to get it where it needs to be before I do the alignment.

I like it. 265/70-17’s. I wanted to try and keep close to stock fuel mileage and did not want to expend to much energy for clearance. These rub the stock running boards but those are getting replaced next anyway.

F25756EA-462B-4D32-8350-0B5E4151D8EF.jpeg

308EEB68-A27D-45F0-991A-72768C266D0E.jpeg

5739114C-272E-446B-8B57-050606B27A5E.jpeg

6F17A245-DFC0-4F63-8404-6E4B4D713D1D.jpeg

342A4F50-E6EF-46C7-8CD7-BCAB8A85901E.jpeg

looks good! Quick turn-around from purchase to real bits underneath! Props!! 🤘

looks good! Quick turn-around from purchase to real bits underneath! Props!! 🤘
Thx..I had a room full of parts before I even got it home. Just needed the time and since its done nothing but rain here this month so far I had some. The nice part is as it sits today its still slightly under loan value with total investment. Now comes the first interior investment...getting rid of that god awful wooden steering wheel. I bought one today from Poland of all places that fits 120/Prado's. Hope it works cause there is no return.

^should be straight swap, worst case swap the bag and guts?
There are some sweet prado wheels in here... 👍

It drives great btw. The stock suspension had gotten pretty soft and firming things up has actually improved the ride. Those Nitto's are very quiet. Hope to keep some of the original fuel mileage. The Fox 2.5's came with 600 lbs springs according to Fox. I am using very little preload on those springs. Those first lift pics are with practically none. Even now there is less than an inch total on both. I'm thinking on those coilovers going any higher would not work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom