Builds Officially a Build Now (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good. are they flat? or are they angled up? I'm looking for somehting flat, but seems like most of them are angled up and pictures are decieving

Looks good. are they flat? or are they angled up? I'm looking for somehting flat, but seems like most of them are angled up and pictures are decieving
IIR, WNO have like a 10 deg angle on them. GXs don't have much of a rocker (when compared to 80s and 4rs) on the body so low angle is all we can get. The OPOR ones thru metal tech are flat, also RCI makes a flat one too...

BTW the second battery and the DC to DC Redarc charger worked great all weekend. I kayaked every day so I was driving around and that was enough to keep the battery charged. It ran for 3 days consecutive and I never hooked up the solar because it never needed to and we had 110 at the campsite and I never ran the fridge off of it either. It was way easier just to let it run off the battery. It would recharge fully after about a 30 minute drive when operating for 24 hours.

Comparison from stock to current look

GX 7.jpeg

GX 11.jpeg

Slider look great, love the wheels too 👍.
What size tires, look a bit skinnier than 285/70. I like them and want a narrower tire next.

Nice. The tires look bigger than that, but as I look, are those wheels 17" they look a bit smaller, didn't think smaller cleared brake calipers? .....You probably answer all that if I go back a few pages.

They are 17's RRW's. They are Toyota specific wheels. Sort of an unusual set of specs with offset and BS.

How you liking you suspension? Is it harsh? How does it compare to the factory ride, which is quite good I think?

How you liking you suspension? Is it harsh? How does it compare to the factory ride, which is quite good I think?
Its firmer which I like better. Handles better with the new suspension even with lift. I had a 7 hour drive to East TN for the trip and the best part of the GX is the comfortable and quiet ride for that much seat time. The 4.7 pulls my trailer easily. The only downside to the GX is the small fuel tank.

Had my GX up on the rack doing an oil change and noticed the plug from the removed running boards for lights. Got on eBay and bought some cheapy LED’s and mounted them underneath and wired them to the running board plug.

3F7CE26C-3029-4915-BC73-337610E1DB0E.jpeg

5F08DEBE-25E6-4202-8AFA-1E53D0529C84.jpeg

I did the same with some VHB backed sealed LED strips. They work great!

I did the same too, Ebay specials. $6 for 6. Mine were more white, at least in photos. Work great when camping, and even fade in and out.

I did the same too, Ebay specials. $6 for 6. Mine were more white, at least in photos. Work great when camping, and even fade in and out.
MIne are blue....just a random pick. My wife even asked..whats with the blue lights? Then she said.."please tell me those don't come on going down the road"..lol.

MIne are blue....just a random pick. My wife even asked..whats with the blue lights? Then she said.."please tell me those don't come on going down the road"..lol.
Ha, she'll never know.
I was surprised my wife approved of the black replacement front bumper I have. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom