Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

7EC5EB81-8D9A-49BE-8CBA-C8716F0B94D6.jpeg

More joy found on the cruiser, looks like previous owner took the cruiser into salt water above the axles, and now the wheel bearings have some rust on them.
Anyone have a spare timken or koyo bearing set for both sides of a 97 LX450 rear axle? Would like to pick up in the 919 area on the 26th or so. Napa is being inconsistent on the pickup dates
You can get these from bearings direct or any other bearing distributor. They are standard Timken tapered rollers for auto use, but you will need the inner seal (you can't get the brg out w/o pulling it) and you might as well get the outer (hub) seal too, while you're in there (that's the perennial problem child anyway).

Inner brg set
outer brg cone/cup

or this ebay guy, with a complete set, w/ seals, for a ridiculous price

You can get these from bearings direct or any other bearing distributor. They are standard Timken tapered rollers for auto use, but you will need the inner seal (you can't get the brg out w/o pulling it) and you might as well get the outer (hub) seal too, while you're in there (that's the perennial problem child anyway).

Inner brg set
outer brg cone/cup

or this ebay guy, with a complete set, w/ seals, for a ridiculous price
ty!
I was able to order the koyos from Napa, they should hopefully be here in time for me to re-assemble everything / get an inspection done before my 10day tag runs out

I had bought all of the seals, ETC from toyota, just had not accounted for the bearings potentially being cooked :bang:

From what I can gather, the PO took the vehicle into salt water above the axles.

Last edited:
WTB front third member from a 100 series. 4 pinion. As some of you know, I broke my 2 pinion awhile back. It is fixed but if I plan on thrashing this thing again, I would prefer the 4 pinion for added piece of mind. No, can’t justify the cost of the ARB or a rebuilt from Kurt currently.

WTB front third member from a 100 series. 4 pinion. As some of you know, I broke my 2 pinion awhile back. It is fixed but if I plan on thrashing this thing again, I would prefer the 4 pinion for added piece of mind. No, can’t justify the cost of the ARB or a rebuilt from Kurt currently.
I have one that is a core as The ring gear has a few teeth missing. You would have to get new ring and pinion. Core price is $500 can likely mudship between Virginia and Columbia SC

I’ll have a core in February. Sent u a pm.

From a 2004. U will need a ring and pinion.

James, I'm interested, depends on the price

I'm considering these 60/62 stock wheels for my 40.
Does any one have one more?

I might have one of those chrome 60/62 rims. I will post a pic of them tomorrow. I have to wait on the rest of my lift to install it before I can replace the stock rims with aftermarket ones and bigger tires.
I'm going to pass on these wheels. I would just stripe them down and paint them anyway. They are better off going to a 60/62 series owner for originality.

I'm going with the 70 series steel wheels. They look the same but are 16" and painted pewter like the 40 bumpers.

I have one that is a core as The ring gear has a few teeth missing. You would have to get new ring and pinion. Core price is $500 can likely mudship between Virginia and Columbia SC
he is in Roanoke.

I have a set of 5 Rock Warriors listed for sale on the main Wheel/Tires category; location is Charlotte, NC

additional pics here first!

cropped lf.jpg

cropped lr.jpg

cropped RF.jpg

Cropped RR.jpg

I have a set of 5 Rock Warriors listed for sale on the main Wheel/Tires category; location is Charlotte, NC

additional pics here first!

View attachment 2876342

View attachment 2876343

View attachment 2876344

View attachment 2876345
ayyyyyyy that's my old truck. too funny, seemed familiar when I commented on your listing yesterday.

Free to a good home. Pick up in Chapel Hill.
1) SOR tailgate for a 40 with rear doors off, in Dune Beige. Had it on my 83, paint still looks good.
2) A pair of Bestop soft half doors for the 40. Dusty from years of storage but good otherwise.
20211230_133557.jpg

20211230_145738.jpg

I will take the SOR TAILGATE. @Keep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom