Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@roadstr6 I've been considering getting a trail bike due to moving down to Georgia next month and having trails right by the house. I was looking more at 450 4 strokes or XR600's. I remember drooling over the KDX200 when I was younger. I'm 215 pounds and curious how it would work for a guy my size?

I weigh about the same. The bike has plenty of power for a big guy. The suspension will be a little soft though...especially if you plan to jump it. There are some inexpensive suspension mods that can be done to shore it up for a >200 lb. rider. I’ve just never bothered to do them. KDXrider.net is the IH8MUD of KDX bikes. There is plenty of info on that site to satisfy the mod bug.

For Sale: ‘97 Kawasaki KDX200. Arguably one of the best trail/woods bikes ever made. Four stroke reliability with the pep of a ring dinger. Suuuper low hours. Engine has never been into at all, and it doesn’t need a thing. It has a few tasteful mods: Ron Black carb, FMF Desert pipe, Boyesen reeds, FX gripper seat, Newer graphics. Fresh rear tire. It’s a phenomenal bike and it will wheelstand in 1-4 with just a blip of the throttle. Mud price $1,750 firm.

View attachment 2119288View attachment 2119289View attachment 2119295View attachment 2119298View attachment 2119300

Do you know if this can be registered for the street? I’ve been looking for a replacement for my moped and I have wanted a bike like this, I’ve rode dirt bikes for years and feel really comfortable on the platform.

Do you know if this can be registered for the street? I’ve been looking for a replacement for my moped and I have wanted a bike like this, I’ve rode dirt bikes for years and feel really comfortable on the platform.
I looked up Nc motorcycle registration laws and it does check all the boxes. Looks like I answered my own question,

It may be street legal if you added a horn and a brake light (rear light is not tied to brake). It would not be fun trying to premix gas sitting at the gas station, however. As long as it was used for short trips and filled up at home, you could pull it off. Wouldn’t be ideal though. It is better suited for blasting through the woods, smacking trees and throwing 30’ roost.

I'm looking for a car cover in decent shape that is waterproof and will fit a stock fj40 with the hardtop on. Anyone upgrade from a driveway to a garage and have one laying around?

I have an almost brand new cover for a TJ Rubicon - I'll get the info for you to see if it might fit...... used 2x in the fall......

Thanks pawwright, if you can I'll hop out with a measuring tape tonight weather permitting.

Found the model info - no measurements online that I see.... C15620PG
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 8.39.08 AM.png

@pawwright @CUSailor I looked up dimensions for an FJ40 and a Jeep TJ and the length, width, and height are all within an inch or two so it should work

Dave thanks again sir. Nice meeting you and love the bike sir. Will enjoy riding with my kids on the trails. Love you cruisers, guy has a fleet of tasteful cruisers!

SOLD SOLD SOLD For Sale: ‘97 Kawasaki KDX200. Arguably one of the best trail/woods bikes ever made. Four stroke reliability with the pep of a ring dinger. Suuuper low hours. Engine has never been into at all, and it doesn’t need a thing. It has a few tasteful mods: Ron Black carb, FMF Desert pipe, Boyesen reeds, FX gripper seat, Newer graphics. Fresh rear tire. It’s a phenomenal bike and it will wheelstand in 1-4 with just a blip of the throttle. Mud price $1,750 firm.

Looking for left and right inner/outer rockers for an FJ60. If anyone has a good parts truck that I can grab these off of let me know.

@Ncrunner4x4 yes. The roof rack, light bars, and winch not removed. Price is 20k.

Thanks for the quick reply! For sale ad, build thread anywhere or more pics?
There is not one. Mud is tough on for sale trucks. Proven and tested Over 2 years at the 36 hours of uwharrie race. Not used since. There is no build thread. What pics would you like? I can. Get them for you. This truck is insane.

There is not one. Mud is tough on for sale trucks. Proven and tested Over 2 years at the 36 hours of uwharrie race. Not used since. There is no build thread. What pics would you like? I can. Get them for you. This truck is insane.

Thank you, mainly interior and under carriage pics. Any engine maintenance records? Please excuse my ignorance is it your truck? Also would it be available to check out one day this coming week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom