Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the SCX 10 II trail honcho is a good value in an entry level rc crawler. There is big aftermarket support for these rigs.
Also, check out CL for local used rigs.
Yeah- that's what I'm leaning towards... drool.. honcho so sexy

Can’t go wrong with an Axial.

I made a buzzed bid on eBay on a new remote the other night and much to my surprise I was the winner! Spektrum DX5c arrived yesterday! Paid more than I wanted for a remote though but it’s super sweet. Was looking at Flyskys or the Spektrum.

I have a flysky for my 4wheel steer stup and like it. The spectrum was my 2nd choice.

IMG_20190504_163353.jpg

I had the idea that my oldest might like RC racing and took him to see a race at Pit Stop hobbies in Mt Joy a few weeks ago.

We were both blown away, and he was hooked!

We just got a Traxxas Slash for him today, and OH MY! I think I need to get one now too!

We chalked out a track in our culdesac and built a few jumps. Awesome fun for the price! Can't charge batteries fast enough. I've never had an RC that can drift before.

image.png

I had the idea that my oldest might like RC racing and took him to see a race at Pit Stop hobbies in Mt Joy a few weeks ago.

We were both blown away, and he was hooked!

We just got a Traxxas Slash for him today, and OH MY! I think I need to get one now too!

We chalked out a track in our culdesac and built a few jumps. Awesome fun for the price! Can't charge batteries fast enough. I've never had an RC that can drift before.

View attachment 2085664
We have one too.
2s only for now. Need an upgraded ESC.
Still lots of fun.

Reactions: caz
We found a base race setup online (attached) and adjusted the camber/toe along with changing to a 50 weight shock oil. It made a world of difference in the handling. Camber was WAY off from the factory.

He blew out two shocks on the first run with the new oil.... Ordered 2 new shock bodies and aluminum shock caps this AM.

We've been running it on pavement a lot. Tires are half shot already!!

Last night my wife says, "Is this going to be an expensive hobby"?

Attachments

• KC1225-slash5805-base-setup-slayden.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
Finished putting the rear bed cage on my 92 yota body. I bought the cage of eBay its from a barrage ecx. The body is a 1/20 scale amt model of a 92 pickup. The chassis is an axial scx 24 with an upgraded rc4wd motor and an upgraded steering servo. The Scx 24s are very fun I was crawling it all over the comp course I highly recommend it!

I’m officially into this RC thing beginning Monday.. My son gave me an SCX 10 II raw builders kit along with an 80 series shell, an upgraded rear third member, and lots of other doo dads to upgrade the “ stock” kit. I’ll begin the build next week. 👍🏼👍🏼😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom