TLCA Official Cruise Moab 2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys just checking how many 80 series guys are registered for cruise Moab I was just thinking maybe we should try to all pick a trail get a bunch of 80s going at the same time post up what you think.

Hey guys just checking how many 80 series guys are registered for cruise Moab I was just thinking maybe we should try to all pick a trail get a bunch of 80s going at the same time post up what you think.

Oh there will definitely be a lot of 80s this year. I can't remember but I think it's over half of the registrants are driving 80s. The 80 is the best overall platform of course! :hillbilly:

All of my rowdy friends are doing other things this year. Are there any hardcore peeps going this year and interesting in some of the more challenging trails? I especially want to find someone to run Rearsteer with.

All of my rowdy friends are doing other things this year. Are there any hardcore peeps going this year and interesting in some of the more challenging trails? I especially want to find someone to run Rearsteer with.
I personally know of at least 2 buggies that will be in attendance, as well as several really built 40s. Pritchett is probably the hardest trail we're offering but it's definitely a lot of fun!

My experience at Moab consists of being a passenger last year on the Kokopelli (which started this madness), and my wife has never been there. Been looking through the schedule and if I'm reading it right, it's one trail per day? My wife and I are planning on arriving in the area maybe Sunday or Monday and picking up one of the overnight runs. If we did the San Rafael, then the only other day we'd select would be Friday because we'll probably have to hit the road on Saturday - we both have work on Monday. So I'm thinking more likely Lockhart or Rimrocker, but honestly it's a total shot in the dark for me. Then I've had a good friend recommend Porcupine and Hells Revenge as good trails for Thursday-Friday. Also wanted to see Fins and Things and definitely Top of the World...too many choices!

Any recommendations for helping a Moab newbie get the most out of the trip? The rig is 2.5" lift, bumpers, lockers and winch, so pretty capable even if the driver is still learning the ropes.

My experience at Moab consists of being a passenger last year on the Kokopelli (which started this madness), and my wife has never been there. Been looking through the schedule and if I'm reading it right, it's one trail per day? My wife and I are planning on arriving in the area maybe Sunday or Monday and picking up one of the overnight runs. If we did the San Rafael, then the only other day we'd select would be Friday because we'll probably have to hit the road on Saturday - we both have work on Monday. So I'm thinking more likely Lockhart or Rimrocker, but honestly it's a total shot in the dark for me. Then I've had a good friend recommend Porcupine and Hells Revenge as good trails for Thursday-Friday. Also wanted to see Fins and Things and definitely Top of the World...too many choices!

Any recommendations for helping a Moab newbie get the most out of the trip? The rig is 2.5" lift, bumpers, lockers and winch, so pretty capable even if the driver is still learning the ropes.
Multiple trips.
The wife will dig San Rafael, it's a great introduction!

Hi Mark,

You really can't go wrong with any of the trails you select. I know that' probably not what you want to hear but if you ask 10 different people you'll probably get 10 different answers. Elephant Hill is really good as well as Fins, Hell's Revenge and Kane Creek. Whichever one you choose, you're sure to have fun!

Saturday morning, 10:00 mountain time. I'm staying near my computer. No email from CM yet. Anyone received their email to select trails yet? Wondering about time frame.

LOL - me, too! I don't wanna miss the bus.

Received my invite, and signed up for trails. Very nice sign up process.

The delay in receiving the email was my own Gmail email settings. It put it in Spam. D'oh!

Just signed up! This is my first CM event and I am looking forward to it!

Signed up for the following:

Tues -Weds - Thurs Kokopelli Overnight run
Friday - Hell's Revenge
Saturday - Golden Spike

Bringing my 80 on 37's. LX 470 doesn't have lockers installed yet.

I was going to wheel with the wasatch cruisers in the swell that weekend but maybe I will change plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom