Off center calipers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just replaced my front rotors on my 93 and rebuilt my original calipers. I sourced new oem pads from wits end. Now when it's all reassembled, my calipers are so off center that the inner pads on either side will not go in. The outer pads have about .050" clearance. I did not replace the bearings in the hub as they are new, i just packed fresh grease in them. I'm using new brembo rotors that have all the correct oem dimensions (I checked). Can anyone tell me if they've seen this before and what's the fix? Thanks!

20221002_181716.jpg

20221003_172934.jpg

The issue with splitting the calipers is that there are no proper replacement parts for resealing the halves.

Glad you solved your problem. :cheers:

The issue with splitting the calipers is that there are no proper replacement parts for resealing the halves.

Glad you solved your problem. :cheers:
Hi Dan,
The 2 o-rings are just square profile epdm one easily purchased from McMaster Carr. Mine were in fine condition so I did not need to replace them. The dust covers need to be removed to install the ABS relocation kit when doing the part time manual hubs. To save the covers you'd have to do some serious cutting. The covers are nice however because they keep brake dust off your knuckles which is already a dirty dirty place! Hence, my knuckles are dirty AF. CHEERS!

Hi Dan,
The 2 o-rings are just square profile epdm one easily purchased from McMaster Carr. Mine were in fine condition so I did not need to replace them. The dust covers need to be removed to install the ABS relocation kit when doing the part time manual hubs. To save the covers you'd have to do some serious cutting. The covers are nice however because they keep brake dust off your knuckles which is already a dirty dirty place! Hence, my knuckles are dirty AF. CHEERS!
What’s the part number for those square profile epdm o-rings from McMaster? I had no luck finding decent quality square profile o-rings when I rebuilt my calipers. So I also reused the factory o-rings.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom