OEM Toyota 9.5" 4.88 gears (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a flash available for the final drive unit for the gear change, or how is the adjustment made in the module?

On my Jeep when I changed gears and tires, AEV (American Expedition Vehicles) provided an module that adjusted the gears, tires size and stability control.

The ecus do not know about the gear change. Your speedo will read slow.

I haven’t had any transmission issues, it detects load the same and shifts remain smooth.

I had just differentials do the work, that are over stevens pass in Cashmere. Solid job done by their team. Install was Nitro 4.88s. Nitro happens to be another of just differentials business lines. As plug and play as it comes.

@bjowett what did you do about the front gears?

The gears cost $440. Figure $40 - $50 of that is seals, bolts, etc. So Roughly $400. The ride from Japan get's ya, though. $120 air mail.
where did you order it from? Thanks

STOP SALE! Until I hash this out, Do not buy either of these gear sets ATM. Long story short, there is a carrier or differential offset issue. The 80599 gears were a order substitution in place of the 80495. If you purchased these gears on my advice, drop me a note here or PM. I'll try to make what is ultimately my screw up, right by you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom