OEM Front Coil Spacers Installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just installed these spacers today. I got a full 1” lift out of them. We’ll see after a few days when they settle. Alignment appointment tomorrow morning. Took me about 2 hours following directions posted on these forums.

In my experience they will settle to 1/2-5/8".

In my experience they will settle to 1/2-5/8".
man I would be disappointed if it ended up being 1/2”. That’s a lot of work for such a small amount of lift. I went for a short drive and the front seems to nosedives less. is that your experience too?

man I would be disappointed if it ended up being 1/2”. That’s a lot of work for such a small amount of lift. I went for a short drive and the front seems to nosedives less. is that your experience too?

I mean they are only 10mm which equates to .39" so considering they settle to 1/2" or slightly more I'd say that's pretty good. They do help firm up the front end some which does reduce some of the dive.

The lower strut bolt hitting the LCA roughly half way out means there is a motion ratio approaching 2:1.. so a 10mm spacer should give about 20mm of lift.

Go much further and you risk bottoming the strut before the bump stops. Bad news.

I believe the ratio isn’t quite 2:1.. when I did the job the spacers added a pretty solid 3/4” to my truck after settling.

I mean they are only 10mm which equates to .39" so considering they settle to 1/2" or slightly more I'd say that's pretty good. They do help firm up the front end some which does reduce some of the dive.
The spacers are 3/8” thick and should get you 3/4” of lift. Because of the suspension geometry every 1” of coil length gives you 2” of lift (so yeah what @bloc said)

The spacers are 3/8” thick and should get you 3/4” of lift. Because of the suspension geometry every 1” of coil length gives you 2” of lift (so yeah what @bloc said)

I never netted that much, mine settled to 5/8" at best.

Nah, the procedural order he undoes the front end is wrong.

You want to do it like this:

1) sway link bolt (on ground actually)
2) shock mount bolt
3) knuckle bolts
4) lca cam bolts

Otherwise you will score the bolt bores while pulling and mark up your bolt threads. Ask me how i know… lol

Ive taken the this truck apart so many times now i should open an LC shop of my own.
Read this and felt it would be worthwhile to ask you to comment on sequencing of reassembly - are steps in video for reassembly ok - or do you have any additional advice? I have spacers on-hand and going to tackle soon. Thanks

Installed mine and very happy with the result. I didn’t notice any changes to the ride quality.

1696302416840.jpeg

Anyone else dealing with positive camber after install? Alignment shop says the closest they can get it is 0.5º. Will be getting a second opinion.
2015 with all stock suspension components.

Anyone else dealing with positive camber after install? Alignment shop says the closest they can get it is 0.5º. Will be getting a second opinion.
0.5 degree positive camber is within spec. Are they saying that can't go higher, or can't go lower? I have more lift but try to run a bit less camber than that.

How much lift are you running?

They have to make a choice of caster against camber. With more lift, both aspects need more correcting and it is a balancing act. What's your caster at? The platform doesn't need a ton and if there's enough caster, they may be able to back some out to gain camber.

0.5º is not bad though and it is in spec. I tend to like my setups with more neutral camber to some negative to increase cornering bite.

You can go use a caster corrected UCA. I don't like those either as they reduce clearance against the BMC but if you're not running too large of a tire, can be workable.

0.5 degree positive camber is within spec. Are they saying that can't go higher, or can't go lower? I have more lift but try to run a bit less camber than that.
Appreciate the info about within spec...noted. They are saying they can't get it closer to 0. During tire rotation, I noticed significant uneven tire wear on the fronts...thus my request to get closer to 0.

How much lift are you running?

They have to make a choice of caster against camber. With more lift, both aspects need more correcting and it is a balancing act. What's your caster at? The platform doesn't need a ton and if there's enough caster, they may be able to back some out to gain camber.

0.5º is not bad though and it is in spec. I tend to like my setups with more neutral camber to some negative to increase cornering bite.

You can go use a caster corrected UCA. I don't like those either as they reduce clearance against the BMC but if you're not running too large of a tire, can be workable.
The only lift is from the coil spacer. Stock suspension otherwise. Caster is 3.2º L and 3.5º R according to their print out.

Thank you both!!

Appreciate the info about within spec...noted. They are saying they can't get it closer to 0. During tire rotation, I noticed significant uneven tire wear on the fronts...thus my request to get closer to 0.

The only lift is from the coil spacer. Stock suspension otherwise. Caster is 3.2º L and 3.5º R according to their print out.

Thank you both!!
I run close to 0 but even at 0.5 you shouldn’t have much wear. Typically camber doesn’t create a ton of wear unless you’re really positive or negative, in which case it will wear just one edge. Caster will create a little bit in both edges of the tire as the tire leans more in a turn. Toe is usually where you get the most wear, and setting it to about 1/32” of toe in is best - just enough to keep the steering fixed.

Mine was done in Dallas but I would call 2 or 3 Toyota dealers closest to you as well as Duggy’s Garage. Duggy’s will be pretty busy with Toyota Jamboree though. Install should be close to $400 give or take $150ish. It will require an alignment afterwords as well and that price is inclusive of that. I do believe there was at least one person on this thread from Houston.l
Duggy's quoted me $1338 to do the spacers and alignment. Guess I need to call around to some other shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom