OEM Front Coil Spacers Installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Better angle taken today to show level.

38629270514_918a71a76e_k.jpg

Are your tires 275/70/18 ?

They are, pretty perfect tire size for a 200 - if the KO2 is ever made in a 285/70r18 I’ll switch though, the 275s look pretty narrow compared to the 315s I run on my 80 series.

Just hit 500 miles on my '18 and had the dealership put in the spacers and change the fluid in the front and rear diffs.

The spacer install and alignment was $450 but they dropped it to $390.

The diffs took 7 quarts of 75w-85. Toyota is very proud of their gear oil at $37 per quart when Mobile 1 is $12 and Amsoil is $20ish. With $60 in labor, gaskets and the enviro-disposal fee it came to $420.

Strut spacers reduced the rake and gave me some more clearance above the front tires, maybe 3/4". With so few miles I can't say whether the handling or ride changed at all, but I doubt they would.

Dealer said they had to call Toyota to find out if the '18s came with the spacers from the factory. They don't in this market but in other parts of the world they do.

Just hit 500 miles on my '18 and had the dealership put in the spacers and change the fluid in the front and rear diffs.

The spacer install and alignment was $450 but they dropped it to $390.

The diffs took 7 quarts of 75w-85. Toyota is very proud of their gear oil at $37 per quart when Mobile 1 is $12 and Amsoil is $20ish. With $60 in labor, gaskets and the enviro-disposal fee it came to $420.

Strut spacers reduced the rake and gave me some more clearance above the front tires, maybe 3/4". With so few miles I can't say whether the handling or ride changed at all, but I doubt they would.

Dealer said they had to call Toyota to find out if the '18s came with the spacers from the factory. They don't in this market but in other parts of the world they do.
Why did you change the diff oil?

Why did you change the diff oil?

If I had put new ring and pinion gears in the differentials of any other car/truck I'd make lots of short stop and go trips of 15-20 minutes each followed by a hour cool down or more for the first 500 miles to break in the gears. Then I'd change the fluid to get rid of most of the metal shavings produced during that break in period. I decided to do the same with the new LC even though that isn't what Mr. T reccomends.

If I had put new ring and pinion gears in the differentials of any other car/truck I'd make lots of short stop and go trips of 15-20 minutes each followed by a hour cool down or more for the first 500 miles to break in the gears. Then I'd change the fluid to get rid of most of the metal shavings produced during that break in period. I decided to do the same with the new LC even though that isn't what Mr. T reccomends.
Is this a fairly popular thought within the group? I've got 10,000 miles on my 16. Seems like it's pretty easy to do and not very expensive. I plan on keeping my 200 until it dies.

I've been on the fence about adding the OEM coil spacers since I bought my 200 back in March. There was a mild rake on the cruiser but not terrible and I just wasn't sure a 1" lift up front would be worth the cost of the spacers plus labor to install. I ended up having the spacers installed about 3 weeks ago and am very pleased with the results - the stance is noticeably more aggressive and much more level.

I realize this mod has been done by a ton of guys on the forum but there aren't many pictures of 2016+ models with OEM spacers so hopefully some will find this helpful. For reference the tires are 275/70/R18's, ground to fender measurements now are about 36.5" front/rear on the driver's side and 37" front/rear on the passenger side (gotta love the cruiser lean!). Ride quality has not been affected adversely at all. Not sure the pics do the new look much justice, but in person it is an obvious improvement!

iPKbpzC.jpg

ohxBbUx.jpg

2aqPXaC.jpg

g9FOpu6.jpg
This looks great. I’d like to add these spacers on my 2019. Any idea if This affects the factory warranty if the oem part is used? Thanks.

Warranty can’t be impacted, it’s a Toyota part. I got mine at oempartsworld.com and had a good year dealer install them as I got tires and brakes done... I think they charged like $170 for additional labor, do bring detail instructions on how to change front suspension with KDSS

I've been on the fence about adding the OEM coil spacers since I bought my 200 back in March. There was a mild rake on the cruiser but not terrible and I just wasn't sure a 1" lift up front would be worth the cost of the spacers plus labor to install. I ended up having the spacers installed about 3 weeks ago and am very pleased with the results - the stance is noticeably more aggressive and much more level.

I realize this mod has been done by a ton of guys on the forum but there aren't many pictures of 2016+ models with OEM spacers so hopefully some will find this helpful. For reference the tires are 275/70/R18's, ground to fender measurements now are about 36.5" front/rear on the driver's side and 37" front/rear on the passenger side (gotta love the cruiser lean!). Ride quality has not been affected adversely at all. Not sure the pics do the new look much justice, but in person it is an obvious improvement!

iPKbpzC.jpg

ohxBbUx.jpg

2aqPXaC.jpg

g9FOpu6.jpg
Looks fantastic. Just bought these spacers for my 2019. Any issues with the 275/70 KO2s rubbing the mud flaps ? Hope to duplicate this setup if not. Thanks 👍🏻

Warranty can’t be impacted, it’s a Toyota part.

“Can’t” is a strong word. Have any documents to back that up?

“Can’t” is a strong word. Have any documents to back that up?
In the other thread on this same coil spacer, you can see the part diagram for the full LC200 strut assembly from Toyota, it shows the coil spacer as part of the full assembly. This is how I believe this part was found by our community - when you order the full strut assembly, it comes with the coil spacer. So yes, I feel it would not impact the warranty. My hypothesis is that the LC200 comes from the factory with this part installed in other markets overseas, but not for the US luxury/grocery getter oriented model.

Sounds like this could come down to how obstinate the dealer or entity "approving" the warranty work decided to be.

It didn't come on the truck from the factory here in the US. For that reason I think they'd see it as a potential way out. But then maybe I'm jaded about dealer service and warranty work. Of course, those same dealers with terrible attention to detail would have to be able to find it in the first place...

And it not being on USDM cruisers probably has a lot to do with mileage numbers.

I've always been curious why this is such a go to mod and level is such a thing.

First time someone actually uses the utility of the vehicle and loads the rear, finds out real quick why there is rake built in.

Personally, I'd pair this coil spacer with a 20mm (or 10mm) rear trim packer for a mild overall lift that maintains the excellent stock ride quality, and some load handling ability without appearing to drag butt.

Last edited:
I had rear Firestone Coil Rite airbags installed on my 2016 for towing, which increased the rake by 1/2”-1” even when only holding 5psi. The OEM spacers levelled the look with a very slight rake remaining. I had the spacers installed by a Toyota dealership. Not concerned about warranty at all. If my rear is sagging I add air to the airbags. The OEM spacers are a great, cheap improvement. I believe they are standard in many markets.

I've always been curious why this is such a go to mod and level is such a thing.

First time someone actually uses the utility of the vehicle and loads the rear, finds out real quick why there is rake built in.

Personally, I'd pair this coil spacer with a 20mm rear trim packer for a mild overall lift that maintains the excellent stock ride quality, and some load handling ability without appearing to drag butt.

I have the spacers installed, stock rear LC springs, and the third row removed. Unloaded it still has slight rake, with my camping setup which is light by most standards here and second row removed (always do this for trips), it sits perfectly level and handles the stuff I throw at it amazingly well. Granted.. no high-speed desert stuff.. but for all the road miles and gravel in SW CO I can't imagine a better setup. (Yeah, yeah.. BP51s would be firmer/less prone to heat issues but at what cost?)

Camping/trip setup: pelican cooler, 2 rubbermaids filled with food and camp-site gear, large sleeping pads, kelty tarp & poles, 3-person tent, full tool bag, water, odds & ends. I still need to weigh all of it one of these days.

I think if I traveled with second row installed, drawers, or stuff hanging all over my rig a different rear spring setup would be necessary, even if intending to keep close to stock height.. Personally I think trim packers would leave the spring rate too low for much cargo in back while offroading.

^Fair. As you remove the 3rd row and sometimes second row seats, all of which are pretty darn heavy pieces. I'd bet you're barely past stock weight with all the things you do pack in.. Good job on keeping things light. I often pack much of the same stuff when I go camping monthly.

I only comment as I've seen enough pics and storeies on here with people installing just front spacers, packed up for their first road trip, and it just looks silly dragging butt. Then spacers get tossed out for the next step in mods.

Adding trim packers to the rear shouldn't affect spring rate at all. It wouldn't work much different than coil spacer up front. And would keep enough rake to where when loaded, it maintains somewhat of a level posture. I agree with you on much heavier loads however.

Adding trim packers to the rear shouldn't affect spring rate at all. It wouldn't work much different than coil spacer up front. And would keep enough rake to where when loaded, it maintains somewhat of a level posture.

That's the thing.. in my truck I think even stock spring rate isn't enough for much of a load at all, if the seats are still in there. Not necessarily with regard to bottoming, which packers would help with.. just with the feel of it. I'd think it would wallow around. As compared to the front that will keep body movement near-stock even with a bunch of crap in the back. Obviously a bumper/winch/dual batteries change this equation.

Did also occur to me that my sliders probably offset some of the weight savings in the seats being removed. I guess I should weigh everything to get some solid numbers.

But yes, I'm convinced keeping the weight addition to a minimum is the key to good behavior on and off-road. As well as durability.

iPKbpzC.jpg

ohxBbUx.jpg

2aqPXaC.jpg

g9FOpu6.jpg
Looks great. Exactly what I wanted to see. I have a new 2019. I didn’t want to swap out whole suspension in front with OME struts/springs. Just wanted to level front. I will order the strut spacers

iPKbpzC.jpg

ohxBbUx.jpg

2aqPXaC.jpg

g9FOpu6.jpg
Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I just purchased a new 2019. Hard to find 2016+ mods on any forums. This is exactly what I’m looking for. I just want to confirm you bought OEM Toyota spacers (I found part #43136-60020 on www.toyotapartsdeal.com). Does that sound like the same part you had fitted? Thanks in advance. Have you done anymore subtle mods (Put those larger KO2’s or wheel spacers on)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom