OEM Front Coil Spacers Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great. Exactly what I wanted to see. I have a new 2019. I didn’t want to swap out whole suspension in front with OME struts/springs. Just wanted to level front. I will order the strut spacers

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. I just purchased a new 2019. Hard to find 2016+ mods on any forums. This is exactly what I’m looking for. I just want to confirm you bought OEM Toyota spacers (I found part #43136-60020 on www.toyotapartsdeal.com). Does that sound like the same part you had fitted? Thanks in advance. Have you done anymore subtle mods (Put those larger KO2’s or wheel spacers on)?

You are correct, those are the spacers that myself and many others have now installed. I have since added a TD suspension kit (kept the front spacers as part of the setup) and gone to 285/70r18 Ridge Grapplers. Never used wheel spacers with any of my setups, just personal preference - many guys run them with no issues.

Lot more 2016+ cruisers with mods on the forum in the last 12-18 months, keep looking and you’ll find plenty of examples to help you empty your wallet!

Stock suspension with the OEM spacers on my 08:

27432704209_1ac5a71ec2_k.jpg

38332372865_fc20e8a43c_k.jpg

Is it the same spacer part # for all 200's from 2008+?

Can anyone please confirm if installing these spacers impacts/changes KDSS? In other words, do I have to adjust anything on the KDSS unit?

Can anyone please confirm if installing these spacers impacts/changes KDSS? In other words, do I have to adjust anything on the KDSS unit?
I had mine done at Toyota. And after they did the install there was the KDSS lean. They then took care of it after the initial install of the spacers.

@TeCKis300 is your SME on this.

There is nothing to "adjust", at least I didn't have to do anything special. Open the bleeder screws, install the spacers, put the truck back on it's feet, rock it a few times, then close the bleeders.

I have a set of brand new spacers that I'm not going to use. If anyone wants them, PM me

Thanks everyone. @KLF are the bleeder screws you are referring to are the ones that rust and freeze up?

Yes, the infamous ones on the driver's side inner frame rail. Hope yours are OK.

From a suspension geometry standpoint, this shouldn't impact KDSS in any manner. Other than what @KLF stated that you'll want open the balancing valves on install.

For a stock rig, I'm still a proponent of adding a mild spacer (10mm) to the rear. For an overall mild lift, and just a bit of stink back to handle payload in the rear without appearing to sag. Spacer in the rear would be a cake to install.

From a suspension geometry standpoint, this shouldn't impact KDSS in any manner. Other than what @KLF stated that you'll want open the balancing valves on install.

For a stock rig, I'm still a proponent of adding a mild spacer (10mm) to the rear. For an overall mild lift, and just a bit of stink back to handle payload in the rear without appearing to sag. Spacer in the rear would be a cake to install.
Hah! I read KDSS as AHC aka AVSS and pinged teckis. I could have answered it myself.

I got a little extra height by removing the third row.

But yes, tons of people with OE spacers on KDSS cruisers without issue.

Thanks @KLF and @TeCKis300 i'm positive mine are probably frozen

The amount of lift is small, that you may be able to get this installed without opening the balancing valves. KDSS should sort itself out shortly thereafter.

Good information here. I think I’ll get these front spacers. I have rear air bags that I keep at 5-10 psi, so I think adding the spacers is a good idea to reduce the rake. Any body have any different opinion on that? Thanks!

^I think that's a pretty good strategy.

Note that spacers, front shock spacer and rear spring spacer, shouldn't do much to affect spring rate. Just neutral ride height. Airbags even with minimal pressure will increase spring rate. Not necessarily a bad thing, and helpful when handling loads. If running without payload, a rear spring spacer could be use with less air pressure in the bags to get a more supple ride if that's desired. Thinking out loud here and I believe most would find the airbag ride just as desirable.

Thanks TeCK: What would I gain with the rear spacer added too? Sorry, I probably don’t understand spring rate increase. I bought the LC with the airbags already installed...

are the rear and front same part number? Are they sold in pairs? Thanks again.

Thanks TeCK: What would I gain with the rear spacer added too? Sorry, I probably don’t understand spring rate increase. I bought the LC with the airbags already installed...

are the rear and front same part number? Are they sold in pairs? Thanks again.

If you add rear spacers along with front spacers you'll keep rake. A benefit of running rear spacers could be that you could lessen the PSI in the airbags to give a softer ride if you wanted without worrying about squat since your back end would be starting at a higher position without the weight.

The rear spacers would be a different part number than the front spacer. Also they are not sold in pairs.

I also have a set of used OEM spacers available, PM me if interested
[SOLD]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom