OEM for corner lights? Or aftermarket ok? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My front drivers side corner light (turn signal) housing fell apart on me today. It’s been coming as they’re old and not well taken care of. I can get a new oem set from McGeorge Toyota for $165 (both sides) shipped to the house, or I can get some eBay units (unbranded) for $46 to the house. Is oem worth the upcharge for just the corner housings?

if you are keeping the rig, go with the OEM.

Anyone you get is fine honestly they both come in plastic lens. I went through 2 sets of OEM, water got into both. If these were the headlights I would say differently.

Get a set that is SAE / DOT approved on aftermarket and you should be ok. They are built a bit better.

When you do get any of those sets I would apply a bead of silicone around the housing where the seal meets. You won't have any water issues later.

if you are keeping the rig, go with the OEM.
This is usually my first thought. Given it's a corner light and fairly inconsequential i was second-guessing.
Anyone you get is fine honestly they both come in plastic lens. I went through 2 sets of OEM, water got into both. If these were the headlights I would say differently.

Get a set that is SAE / DOT approved on aftermarket and you should be ok. They are built a bit better.

When you do get any of those sets I would apply a bead of silicone around the housing where the seal meets. You won't have any water issues later.
I went ahead and ordered an OEM set from BAM wholesale. Ended up saving me ~$20.

Thanks for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom