O2 sensor (what to buy?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If it is indeed the sensors, I would be surprised that they only lasted 10 yrs.
Just as an FYI O2 sensors are a wear item, and need to be replaced as part of a regularly scheduled maintenance plan
In the case of the old single wire unheated O2 sensors from the late 80's early 90's they were supposed to be replaced every 30 thousand miles,
Newer heated 4 wire O2 Sensors should be replaced at, or around every 60 thousand miles, for best fuel mileage and overall engine performance

I asked machine shop about sensors in general, with the aim of going another 200,000 miles minimum with this rebuild. They said replace the sensors.

I asked machine shop about sensors in general, with the aim of going another 200,000 miles minimum with this rebuild. They said replace the sensors.
When i ran my own shop i had customers who said they couldn't afford the cost of new sensors so they would ask us if there was anything else we could do,

We didn't like doing this, but we would remove the old O2 sensor, and clean all the caked on crap out of the holes in the tip of the sensor,

Then we would reinstall the sensor and let the customer know that this "quick fix" bought them a few extra miles of use, but they still needed to buy new sensors

I just replaced O2 sensors in my 2010 4Runner.

Had ck engine light and P0420 and another that was cat below efficiency threshold. Put in new OEM sensors, erased light. Problem went away and fuel mileage improved dramatically.

230,000km on factory sensors. At the cost of fuel and improved operation it’s well worth it!

1995-1997:

89465-69085
89465-69105

These will come with gaskets but will not come with any hardware. 90179-08059 x4 will net you the lock nuts for the studs. If you need new studs and can get the old ones off, 90116-08211 will work perfectly.

@OGBeno These studs 90116-08211 look to be discontinued.

Is this a suitable substitute 90116-08112
(waterpump/fan hub studs)

I'm sure the numbers give designation for studs specifics?? Thread size and length?

@OGBeno These studs 90116-08211 look to be discontinued.

Is this a suitable substitute 90116-08112
(waterpump/fan hub studs)

I'm sure the numbers give designation for studs specifics?? Thread size and length?
@OGBeno bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom