Now that Apocalypse is on... Where do you take your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi linuxgod,

Just some general information after seeing your post...

This is for ANYONE with a MORTGAGE at this point...

Between the two(2) Fed Rate Cuts over the past weeks over 80% of mortgages can be refinanced to your benefit. ( Over $12 Trillion in mortgages. )

Since you purchased your "new to you" home in the winter of 2019 the appraisal completed "effective date" for that purpose can "Probably" have a simple

"Recertification of Value" Form 1004D? completed without having to DO too much of anything on your part, other than you signing the paperwork.

You may be able to get a "blanket mortgage" with both homes included with a lower rate and better terms.

The banks are totally overwhelmed right now and actually NOT offering the best rates possible to slow the tidal wave of applications, so let your bank know you

will shop around.

These are CRAZY times so the normal rules do NOT apply.

The appraisals are a huge "pinch point" as you alluded too as well with REALTOR's NOT being able to show homes easily that are still occupied.

Your appraisal was completed in the winter 2019 so the hard part on that is done. (If "BIG IF" they still consider the appraisal still valid with the "market shift" of recent weeks, but probably no new comparable sales can been presented to reflect the market change.)

My friend's bank has been receiving over 1,500 refi applications per day... They have NO CHANCE of keeping up at this point...

(Guessing) Look for the FED's to change or "temporarily suspend" the usual regulations to get this current nightmare monster problem addressed.

The hard lessons of 2008 - 2010 have long been forgotten.

Good Luck, hope this helps you a little,

Jeff
Rates were down but jumped up quite a bit over the last ~week because 10yr Treasuries have been all over the place - literally 4-5 huge swings up and down per day in a market that normally moves maybe 0.02 points a day. Even sub-4% is still historically low though if you're not seeing ~3% it's probably because the bank are hedging their risk against all the volatility in the Treasuries spot market. not just that they're overwhelmed.

For me a refi might save me ~$100/month. My new place is at ~3.5%, but the older one is ~4.5%. I'd benefit more from refi'ing the older place but since we're not occupying it right now I think that hurts my rate as the banks look at it as an investment property. I'll have to call my bank up and see what they can do.

Shelter in place for an entire state like Illinois that is mostly rural and empty? Insanity.

I don't think it'll be that hard to largely enforce if they so choose. 3/4 of the population lives within 100 miles of downtown Chicago. I'll be "interested" to see if they try to actually enforce it though, or just rely on the order and voluntary compliance. You'll know very quickly if it'll work if people stay home from church on Sunday

1584730816107.png

For the rural part, all they really need to do is enforce no large gatherings to be reasonably effective, I think. I imagine it'd be a lot harder to enforce in larger and even more sparsely populated states like Montana, but practically any clusters which could overwhelm hospitals are again largely likely to be seen in towns not really farmland

Yup, I remembered that from when we chatted back at an LCDC. We lived on Sheridan Place.

Sheridan Place... Nice. Gotta love Evanston. I was in the original farm house at the corner of Ridge and Lincoln from 1999 to 2001, then 910 Simpson for a couple years before moving into the city. Still make a trip up there for some Buff Joes or Phillies Best when I'm in Chicago for work for a concert. Go Cats!

I don't think it'll be that hard to largely enforce if they so choose. 3/4 of the population lives within 100 miles of downtown Chicago. I'll be "interested" to see if they try to actually enforce it though, or just rely on the order and voluntary compliance. You'll know very quickly if it'll work if people stay home from church on Sunday

View attachment 2244108

For the rural part, all they really need to do is enforce no large gatherings to be reasonably effective, I think. I imagine it'd be a lot harder to enforce in larger and even more sparsely populated states like Montana, but practically any clusters which could overwhelm hospitals are again largely likely to be seen in towns not really farmland

I grew up in Western Illinois (Warren County) and most of my family is still there. Healthcare capacity there can barely handle the Flu most years and anyone requiring serious care has to go to Peoria, Springfield or even Iowa City. The problem won't be the healthcare in the rural areas, it will be all of the cases from the rural areas consolidating in the places I mentioned above.

Sheridan Place... Nice. Gotta love Evanston. I was in the original farm house at the corner of Ridge and Lincoln from 1999 to 2001, then 910 Simpson for a couple years before moving into the city. Still make a trip up there for some Buff Joes or Phillies Best when I'm in Chicago for work for a concert. Go Cats!
Ah, that’s real close.

During high school, I worked at the Dominick’s in Evanston on Green Bay Road, right across from Walker Bros.

@M1911 that dominicks is gone. it closed, might've been a Jewel for a bit, but now it's a Whole Foods.

@TheGrrrrr let me know the next time you're in town and we can grab some Buffalo Joes

As for me it looks like I'm not taking my 200 anywhere unless I pack it up tonight...

We have an Original Package House here in Scottsdale. Same menu as Walker Bros. I love that area, but Evanston is so different now. I bartended and bounced at 1800 Club and worked a day job at the Bank One building downtown. All my roommates and friends were in school at NU. I probably still owe some parking fines.

I'm heading out to run Montana Mountain tomorrow morning. Might be a couple rigs together, but I won't be socializing outside the vehicle. Radios and shouts will have to do.

@M1911 that dominicks is gone. it closed, might've been a Jewel for a bit, but now it's a Whole Foods.

Yeah, I know. Bums me out. I grew up a lot running a register in that store. A lot of memories for me.

Have a trip planned to Joshua Tree end of April. Still on the fence thinking I might still go. It's 2 hours drive, we'll be hanging out with ourselves, and we're self contained in my travel trailer without any need for hookups. Easy thing would be to stay at home. Thoughts?
Just got the an email saying Joshua Tree is closed until end of May. All my reservations have been cancelled and refunded.

Just got the an email saying Joshua Tree is closed until end of May. All my reservations have been cancelled and refunded.

Yup, same. Bummer but I totally understand for weekenders like me that really don't need to be out.

Unintended consequences but the larger scale shutdown of RV campsites is making a tough situation for full timers out there that live on the road.

I bought my first house today. I’ll be moving over the next few days.

First things first, I need a tall ladder. I’ve got a three car garage with 25 foot ceilings. Absolutely putting at least one lift in. Outside of restaurants only allowing outside seating and school closed. It’s pretty normal where I’m at.

Garage with room for a lift? I’m seriously jealous.

First things first, I need a tall ladder. I’ve got a three car garage with 25 foot ceilings. Absolutely putting at least one lift in. Outside of restaurants only allowing outside seating and school closed. It’s pretty normal where I’m at.

That is rad. I am excited for you and exceedingly jealous of the lift. With that kind of headspace, I would have a RTT again and a permanent drive-under hoist.

A big congratulations to you!

The 25ft ceilings sounds awesome with all its possibilities. I have generous floor space in my 3-car garage, but not enough ceiling space to have a semi-permanent lift. Would be awesome to have that to store another toy car.

I have a Maxjax in my garage on account of the ceiling and ability to store away the posts. Too bad it's marginal capacity for my 200-series. Was totally comfortable using it for my 100-series.

Let us know what you go with for your lift!

1584747893573.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom