SOLD Now showing 1989 FJ62 For sale, 10K, Greenwood Village, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Greenwood Village, Colorado United States
Mileage
Color
Tan
Outside Link
https://zayastudios.zenfolio.com/fj62
4/5/24: update: I just saw this relisted on Facebook. If you come across it the guy that bought it from me is trying to flip it at a huge markup. Beware though, I know the amount of work the truck needs and it’s a lot, someone will lose their butt if they buy it for 16k as he is relisting it for. Around 12 would be as high as I would pay for it. It’s not a California truck and needs a lot.

Thank you for all those that expressed interest. As a side note, if you are in need of a cruiser mechanic in the Denver/ Springs area, Donnie Lovett did the work on the truck and was awesome. Great work, fairly priced, insanely knowledgeable. His social is @DonnieLovett and I think he posts things regularly as far as what his current projects are and a good way to get in contact with him.

Update: I will officially have the truck back this Sunday, March 17th, so I can finally show her to anyone who expressed interest. Thank you!

untitled-24.jpg

** Photos of replaced C channel and shock bar below

IMG_9058.jpg

IMG_8550 2.jpg

Click link below for extensive photo gallery, about 150 photos outside, inside, and under. The gallery is pre repair of shock tube and c channel, see above photos for those repairs.

Photos Link: FJ 62 Photos

I have had the major issues repaired such as new shock tube, as well as Trail Tailor C channel replacement so she can live a longer life and for somebody to take over and enjoy the vehicle. 1989 FJ62 For Sale. $10k. Selling complete without parting things like bumper. Why am I selling it? Kids and the realization of never having the time to fix it. It’s time to let it go so it can be on the road and not sitting in the garage for another 20 years. My wife and I decided getting a Tundra makes more sense for our lives in general.

The good:
  • 150K original miles
  • Original owner gave it annual winter undercoatings that really protected the truck from rust/rot
  • Engine runs strong
  • Runs and drives
  • Garage kept
  • ARB bumper
  • Ironman 2.5" lift
  • Upgraded to 4runner brake master cylinder
  • No cracks in dash
  • Truck is mainly complete with all its original parts. (I have rear door panel not attached in photo)
  • CTS in Conifer did brake work on it three years ago, replaced fuel filter, and some other basic work
  • Extra parts include rear top hatch door, front quarter, and two doors.
  • Newly fabricated rear shock hanger and shocks
  • Trail Tailor rear c channel frame braces installed.
  • Tuned up
  • No major rot issues on truck, primarily surface rust except for rusted lower quarters that can chopped for sliders or repaired. Rust around top hatch lock. Areas that normally rot like frame and roof gutters are good.
  • Extra body panels: Two doors, front quarter, and top hatch.
Needs fixed:
  • It leaks at the oil pan.
  • Rust on lower quarters, the plan was to chop and put sliders. It's isolated without the whole body panel being shot and a good candidate for a repair panel. . Rust on rear hatch near lock button.
  • Needs muffler/ exhaust.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Last edited:
I have PM'd the seller (who was last seen on Sunday 3/10/24 per his profile) to see if he will respond to the above^^^. And to ask him if he has sold it and perhaps he will let us know what price he received. Seemed under priced to me.

Last edited:
I don't think he has sold it. He responded to me a week or so ago in PM saying he was waiting to pick it up from having the repairs done.

I have PM'd the seller (who was last seen on Sunday 3/10/24 per his profile) to see if he will respond to the above^^^. And to ask him to mark it sold and perhaps he will let us know what price he received. Seemed under priced to me.

Hello, I think I missed the general comments and only saw the direct messages, sorry about that. I will have the truck on the 17fh and will mark it sold as soon as that happens, let me know if you would like to see it. Thank yoU

Still available?
Hello, I think I missed the general comments and only saw the direct messages, sorry about that. I will have the truck on the 17fh and will mark it sold as soon as that happens, let me know if you would like to see it. Thank you

It was just listed? I’m guessing the new buyer.

View attachment 3598991

View attachment 3598991
Well, that guy is an a******, ha. He showed himself to be a buyer who really wanted to give the truck a new life. So he either fed me a lot of bull, knowing he wanted to flip it, or he found a big issue I didn’t know about, or didn’t understand how pricey they are to fix, so he put about 2k into is my guess with tire and muffler repair and is now shooting for the moon. Zero chance it is worth 16k. That’s reliable California truck territory with no rust. If anyone pays over 11.5 they are getting robbed. Thanks for sending me that!

@ZayaR Sorry I didn't get back to you. I just couldn't swing the 10k and didn't want to lowball you. What did you end up selling it for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom