Non-powered fixed AM/FM antenna for 80 series - do they exist ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's called 'broadcast radio'. :cool:

FF5EF565-89D8-4B1C-B3B0-9E5BA23E9B18.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe so.
Same part number was used in LHD and RHD models for the general market

Interesting. As I’ve been working on moving my NA power antenna on my Lexus to the driver’s side I noticed the die cast piece that mounts just under the fender surface is sloped towards the front. The same piece from a JDM power antenna does not seem to sloped. I wonder why Toyota has so many variations for what seems no apparent reason.

The LX piece is on the right.
C496A1B1-12C2-4536-8D64-CBBF24F11F83.jpeg
7B85CA5B-984D-4562-A38B-234C62AF7226.jpeg

I really hope this is the part to make this happen. @OGBeno ?

FD1A72B7-0DCC-478E-9C8D-689670687F8F.jpeg

I believe so.
Same part number was used in LHD and RHD models for the general market
thx, I hope so, ordered one last night with the 60020 at the ending hoping that is the right one? ordered one for my daughters 80, would rather have a manual antenna anyhow and remove the power switch

.............would rather have a manual antenna anyhow and remove the power switch

I would leave the power switch in place and the old motor if you have enough room for the manual ariel, pressing the buttons makes a great machine gun sound when someone pulls out in front of you and pisses you off. :mad:

Best I can do as I am not responsible enough (by my own admission) to have a real gun. :(

Regards

Dave

For my 80, I want neither a retracting power antenna or a manual retracting one. I want one that is fixed (ie. does not retract) and not massiely long. An option (though very woke) would be a sharkfin antenna as my 80 already has an old original cellphone antenna base on the roof near the front so I could re-use that hole. But maybe a sharkfin would require a different mounting setup. Even a very short AM/FM non-sharkfin would be usable on the roof in that spot. I was just wanting to make use of the hole in the fender panel when I replace the one that's got the maaaaasive rust hole. but if need be that can just be left with the 'chinesium' antenna base (it's been cut off from it's cable).

For my 80, I want neither a retracting power antenna or a manual retracting one. I want one that is fixed (ie. does not retract) and not massiely long. An option (though very woke) would be a sharkfin antenna as my 80 already has an old original cellphone antenna base on the roof near the front so I could re-use that hole. But maybe a sharkfin would require a different mounting setup. Even a very short AM/FM non-sharkfin would be usable on the roof in that spot. I was just wanting to make use of the hole in the fender panel when I replace the one that's got the maaaaasive rust hole. but if need be that can just be left with the 'chinesium' antenna base (it's been cut off from it's cable).
go with a cb antenna, you can buy a splitter to use the cb antenna for both fm and cb. I think I am running the bracket from gamviti. @TRAIL TAILOR makes a slick antenna mount for the stock 80 hole.

If you go off road and you cannot retract the ariel it will get caught up, bends back and then flicks forward and snaps and overtakes you, now how do I know that? Re the shark fin style, I fitted one to mine and it was garbage, it was from a radio shop in Spain and apparently really good, was it bollocks! I would get one from a scrap car along with the amplifier needed to make it all work properly, those with internal amplifiers are not worth a toss. The CB/radio ariel type apart from having trouble getting the SWR right (decent cable quality) it was not bad but still not what I wanted.

Now I have it sorted, OE electrical retractable unit works great, just got to remember to retract it!! CB ariel on the front of the roof rack with connector to car roof and down to splitter and of course splitter to CB. When the rack is off it allows another ariel to be fitted using the existing hole where the car phone ariel was and subsequent shark fin and this also goes to the splitter. The splitter being right next to the centre console means it is simple enough to turn the dial and move from one ariel to the other, and both having the SWR set means no faffing about.

Regards

Dave

go with a cb antenna, you can buy a splitter to use the cb antenna for both fm and cb. I think I am running the bracket from gamviti. @TRAIL TAILOR makes a slick antenna mount for the stock 80 hole.
Can't seem to find anything on that company's website.

Can't seem to find anything on that company's website.
yeah just contact Jason, he might still be making them. Use a firestik small antenna, run one on my truck and it works great paired with a firestik spring. If you don't want to use the stock hole you can just get a bracket from gamviti

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom