No "D" Club (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just bought mine with 159K and no "D". It's way down on my list of things to fix.

Curt

Just bought my truck a month ago with 128K. All lights work. I guess I am lucky. Knock on wood.

Bought it with 131,000 miles. Light was out. Just replaced it so I guess I'm out of the club.

Slight bang on the dash does work for me as well. My wife was like what the hell are you doing when I just decided to bang on the dash a few times while driving down the road. The D light just came on =)

I bought mine with 122K miles on it with no "D" light. Last year, the aftermarket anti-theft device stopped working, so I had the system uninstalled and the "D" light has come back to life since. :D

Now at 151K, the light works just fine.

It's out in my 100 series since 71,000 miles. Still works in my 80 series though.

I will not be fixing this as it's not that big of a deal to me.

Former "D" Clubber

When I got my 80 six months ago there was no "D" at 220k. It was the only thing on my ride that didn't work. That is til I read this thread right before Christmas. I whacked the dash above the "D". I got a new green Christmas light. I guess it was at around 235k. Now
Im going on 240 and wishing I was still a member of the club.:meh:

Bought at 147k with no 'D' light... Whacked it tonight...now 147k with the light.

Now if that would only work for the stereo too...

T-minus 10 hours to transfercase autopsy.

I also bought mine 165K no D light but gave the dash a little thump and now at 168 its still working ...... I love you D light

New D

109K and no D. Calling Cdan and getting a new bulbs. Are the Power and 2nd buttons supposed to light up? Mine don't, so maybe I need them too.

128,000-ish . . . mine just went out in the past week or so. If the Dash Thwack doesn't work, I'll probably ignore it. No lights means it's in Drive!

109K and no D. Calling Cdan and getting a new bulbs. Are the Power and 2nd buttons supposed to light up? Mine don't, so maybe I need them too.

yes they are. you might as replace all the bulbs since you will open it up.

my D, Pwr are also out. The Pwr light died recently since it's on all the time.

D has been out since 85k and the lights on the console shifter come on occasionaly.

340,000 miles and still lit on special occasions. if it comes on when you start it, it's on. if not, no amount of dash tapping, whacking, or all out assault will bring it back. wish it would die though.

All of you are mistaken...it actually still works, but its infrared! 139K and no "visible" D

Mine was out when we bought at 104k, now 159k still out and I will be very careful NOT to whack, I don't want the light lit either. Dealer offered to replace bulb for me last year, told him absolutely no. Got a funny look, but it's still out!
My stereo lights went out recently though, miss them. And my antenna lights don't work either? Otherwise all lit up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom