Nitto Terra Grappler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know most of you are swamper guys, but does anybody have any experience or opinions on Nitto Terra Grapplers?

I really like them on my tow rig ;)

I put a set on my 80 series a couple of weeks ago. No off-road experience yet. :frown: They're nice on the street. About the same noise level as a BFG, but a smoother ride.

I had 35s on my F150 4x4 and they rode good on the street, not too bad offroad but they slick over real fast in mud. I liked them for what I did with them though which was mostly street. I had 30,000 miles on mine when I sold the truck with almost 50% tread left.

How about the mud grappler?

they seem to be very expensive for what they are. last i looked anyway

I'd have to agree. I was just curious. Must be a "bling" thing.

love them on the wife's Disco... they tear it up in the snow

if I remember they were a good 20 bucks less per tire than a BFG AT

camcruiser13 said:

? They must have gone up. I have a set on one of my trucks that I bought maybe two years ago for $123. each, size 295R70x16. It was around the time they appeared so maybe it was an intro price.

camcruiser13 said:
are you referring to the terra grappler or the mud grappler that the user above you was commenting on? i checked the price of the terra grapplers about 3 weeks ago and they were very reasonably priced.

SizzleChest said:
are you referring to the terra grappler or the mud grappler that the user above you was commenting on? i checked the price of the terra grapplers about 3 weeks ago and they were very reasonably priced.
Better than BFG's by a long shot..

Looking at the Terra Grappler'sfeatures, they have fairly dense siping for snow. The tread blocks seem like the old style GY Wrangler but with only 16/32" tread depth and more closely placed blocks. Also, they have only two-ply sidewalls, no doubt (in contrast to BFG ATs' 3-ply sidewalls). Cost less, though.

Looks like a great SUV tire. The specs pop-up box didn't list load range ratings, so I couldn't gauge their applicability to towing. Actually, I couldn't translate the weight per tire ratings to letter ratings. I'd guess they're behind BFG ATs and GY Wranglers (new version) in both off road traction and toughness, but maybe ahead of BFG ATs in on-road snow traction due to the siping. BFG ATs have deeper tread. Not sure if GY ATs also have deeper tread. So, emphasis on the guess...:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom