Next Gen Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1620323448138.png

I was being a little facetious. Just over here in my feelings wishing 35's fit without too much hacking. I get the Toyota ethos and that you can make it pretty much most places with 32"-33" tires. Plus those are more common tire sizes available throughout the world so I get the decision making. However in the American market you have so many big players making trophy vehicles like the Raptor, TRX, Power Wagons, Tremors, Wrangler/Gladiator Rubicons, Bronco etc that run 35's with ease that I wish Toyota had at least one fun, non-sensible vehicle that they got a little creative and forgot all their inhibitions with. Again, that's very unlike Toyota and it doesn't make sense for a global vehicle but it would still be cool.
The wheel arches on the front end look like they're going to be tight for a 35. Interested to see what the substructure is behind the fog lights on the bumper skin. Hoping there's not a bunch of radiator support in there that would interfere with front wheels at lock on full stuff.

Sounds promising, not it just needs a sensible grill!

I doubt they get that part right, their grilles seem to be getting larger and flashier.

In silver, and in these photos, it look 100x better than the photos I've seen before. Night & day better IMO.

Power specs aren't as impressive as I had hoped for. Slightly higher than the 200-series, but not drastically so. It's probably heavier, which will make real-life performance differences a moot point.

Power specs aren't as impressive as I had hoped for. Slightly higher than the 200-series, but not drastically so. It's probably heavier, which will make real-life performance differences a moot point.

The current power output is fine. The LC200 with the 5.7 has more performance than I need. IMO, what the LC needs is better fuel economy, not better performance. If the LC300 can get better my current average of 14 mpg, I'll be happy.

The current power output is fine. The LC200 with the 5.7 has more performance than I need. IMO, what the LC needs is better fuel economy, not better performance. If the LC300 can get better my current average of 14 mpg, I'll be happy.

I’m sure it will deliver better MPG but not by much. Heavy vehicles are, well, heavy into the boost which kills the fuel economy. Not worth ditching the V8 IMO. I’ve driven an LS500 and hated the engine.

Won't someone PLEASE think of the wealthy, pavement-only urbanites!

Can I not have an opinion? I’ve driven an LS430 for over a decade, the jewel of the engine is the best part of the car. You just simply can’t find a smoother or more refined V8 than the old Lexus 4.0 and 4.3s. I hate the new LS500 in general and the engine is nothing special. Like I said I’m an LS owner; I think I have a right to not like the new crap engine.

I love my 5.7 but it’s not as smooth as my 430 is. No V8 is.

Can I not have an opinion? I’ve driven an LS430 for over a decade, the jewel of the engine is the best part of the car. You just simply can’t find a smoother or more refined V8 than the old Lexus 4.0 and 4.3s. I hate the new LS500 in general and the engine is nothing special. Like I said I’m an LS owner; I think I have a right to not like the new crap engine.

The perception of engine "smoothness" has many factors. Mounting, balancing, timing, the cushion in your seat, ect...
Many cross-plane V8s are just as smooth as a Toyota UZ V8.

The perception of engine "smoothness" has many factors. Mounting, balancing, timing, the cushion in your seat, ect...
Many cross-plane V8s are just as smooth as a Toyota UZ V8.

Not really. It really is just that smooth of an engine. Remember the ole water trick when Top Gear put a glass of water on top of the engine in an LS400 in 1989 and it literally did not move? All the other cars didn't fare so well, frankly they were embarrassed. Yes motor mounts, etc. help but I would have to drive it myself and see to believe any V8 is as silky or silkier than the old UZ. $500MM went into R&D of the UZ. Go 4 minutes in to this video.

Not really. It really is just that smooth of an engine. Remember the ole water trick when Top Gear put a glass of water on top of the engine in an LS400 in 1989 and it literally did not move? All the other cars didn't fare so well, frankly they were embarrassed. Yes motor mounts, etc. help but I would have to drive it myself and see to believe any V8 is as silky or silkier than the old UZ. $500MM went into R&D of the UZ. Go 4 minutes in to this video.

….ok 🤷‍♂️

I would tend to agree as another LS500 owner. I don’t have another Toyota V8 to compare with, but I came from a W221 twin turbo V8; the Merc’s power plant was definitely smoother. There is, however, definitely no lack of power with the LS500 twin turbo V-6. I suspect even in the LC use case, there won’t be much complaints about performance, but there will be a difference in smoothness/refinement (NVH?).

I had a GS300.

That 2JZ is SMOOVE!!!

Probably the smoothest engine out there is a straight six or 12.

Interesting engineer's perspective... "HAPPINESS FOR ALL" :cautious:

2023 TOYOTA SEQUOIA? :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom