Next Gen Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might not be familiar with the "200 Series" forum here, but there is a thread called... something like "What's your other Car?"

You might be surprised to see what some of these V-8 loving Luddites with 8th grade educations drive...LOL !!!

Oh yeah, the typical Land Cruiser buyer was the Toyota/Lexus customer with the highest household income for ANY Toyota or Lexus product sold in the USA.

Another wise move by TOYODA USA Marketing to lose that customer base.

OK, back to convincing the luddites here a Turbo V-6 is the best truck engine in the world.... LOL !!!!!

My strawman, broke his broom stick back, Laughing His Straw Ass off....

No it didnt. I count 5 just in this post.

You're misappropriating my arguments, and can't seem to follow fairly simple logic. It has nothing to do with what is in your 200 series - it has to do with what the best engine for the vehicle will be going forward. If you prefer an engine that is a worse-fit for this application because it has 8 cylinders, more power to you. I'm glad Toyota's engineers aren't as out of touch.

In general people should be f'n happy we are still getting ICE's for the time being, and stop bitching about their advancements - ESPECIALLY in applications where smaller engines with turbos are a GREAT fit, like trucks. If you want to argue that a track car built for the street needs a high revving NA engine, fine - thats a viable conversation. This is just stupidity.

Last edited:
No it didnt. I count 5 just in this post.

You're misappropriating my arguments, and can't seem to follow fairly simple logic. It has nothing to do with what is in your 200 series - it has to do with what the best engine for the vehicle will be going forward. If you prefer an engine that is a worse-fit for this application because it has 8 cylinders, more power to you. I'm glad Toyota's engineers aren't as out of touch.

In general people should be f'n happy we are still getting ICE's for the time being, and stop bitching about their advancements - ESPECIALLY in applications where smaller engines with turbos are a GREAT fit, like trucks. If you want to argue that a track car built for the street needs a high revving NA engine, fine - thats a viable conversation. This is just stupidity.

How perspicacious of you to use the "Logic" we are still lucky to have ICE available to purchase.

On what reality is this statement made???

How much environmental damage & energy is done to precious mother earth in the mining, processing, building, and charging (with fossil fuel energy) of "clean" batteries?

Batteries when they catch on fire (because it is not a perfect world) take 32,000 gallon of water to extinguish.

Do you really have a grasp of rare earth minerals and their extraction methods ???

Strawman...

Ok, back to the "real" subject again...

I look forward to your interview with Mike Sweers at the 1,000,000 mile buyback of the first Tundra with the ICE, V-6 turbo engine to cross that mark.

Peace.

How perspicacious of you to use the "Logic" we are still lucky to have ICE available to purchase.

On what reality is this statement made???

How much environmental damage & energy is done to precious mother earth in the mining, processing, building, and charging (with fossil fuel energy) of "clean" batteries?

Batteries when they catch on fire (because it is not a perfect world) take 32,000 gallon of water to extinguish.

Do you really have a grasp of rare earth minerals and their extraction methods ???

Strawman...

Ok, back to the "real" subject again...

I look forward to your interview with Mike Sweers at the 1,000,000 mile buyback of the first Tundra with the ICE, V-6 turbo engine to cross that mark.

Peace.

WTF are you talking about? How in the world would you take a post where I am happy that there are ICE's and conflate that with a pro electric car agenda. :rofl::rofl:

You are off your rocker.

WTF are you talking about? How in the world would you take a post where I am happy that there are ICE's and conflate that with a pro electric car agenda. :rofl::rofl:

You are off your rocker.

Thank you for the kind words...

Looking forward to your interview with Mike Sweers in the future....

Strawman...

Thank you for the kind words...

Looking forward to your interview with Mike Sweers in the future....

Strawman...
What I said was an ad hominem, not a strawman. But we havent had a discussion in a while now, so whats the point of trying.

This thread has turned into:

old man.jpg

What I said was an ad hominem, not a strawman. But we havent had a discussion in a while now, so whats the point of trying.

This thread has turned into:

View attachment 2659231

But where is the fallacy in any of my statements???

I simply responded to your assertions...

Looking forward to your 1,000,000 mile interview...

Peace.

But where is the fallacy in any of my statements???

I simply responded to your assertions...

Looking forward to your 1,000,000 mile interview...

Peace.

What counts in said reliability test? Does the cam seal leaking count in the 3UR? Does the engine living but the replacing the turdbros count in the V35?

Cmon man - youre just complaining.

What counts in said reliability test? Does the cam seal leaking count in the 3UR? Does the engine living but the replacing the turdbros count in the V35?

Cmon man - youre just complaining.

Nah, no machine is perfect just some are just better than others...

I look forward to the NEW Tundra with the new turbo V-6...

After it is out for a year or two and its initial growing pains are resolved, I might get one.

However, I will keep the old 200 series for as long as it is practical.

At this point from what I can see the NEW LX600 is not going to rock my world enough to replace it.

So we shall see... been fun, gotta go..

Peace

Highly likely this relates to something more like a Highlander Toyota / Lexus shared platform rather than Toyota's coy "stay tuned" comment when discussing the absence of the Land Cruiser in the US market, but I thought I'd post this up here anyway. Maybe there is something that can be read between the lines that indicates where they are going with the LC for those of us selfishly focused on the US market.

If nothing else it might have the effect of turning the hose on a couple dogs F-ing in the yard.

Highly likely this relates to something more like a Highlander Toyota / Lexus shared platform rather than Toyota's coy "stay tuned" comment when discussing the absence of the Land Cruiser in the US market, but I thought I'd post this up here anyway. Maybe there is something that can be read between the lines that indicates where they are going with the LC for those of us selfishly focused on the US market.

If nothing else it might have the effect of turning the hose on a couple dogs F-ing in the yard.

The new is500 just announced has a V8 and there is Rumours of Lexus having another V8 sedan coming. Imagine if the LX600 has a big V8 option. That would be checkmate.

This looks like the top-spec "ZX" or VX-R or maybe even "Sahara" depending on market.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 22.30.54.png

Second pic is interesting. It looks like a higher spec model (judging by the chrome accent @ windows). But it also has what looks like to be a removable running board (like the one on the 200-series and this model seems to have the same bumper design as the lower spec models which looks like it has much better departure angle. (compared to the white one above).

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 22.30.20.png

“If nothing else it might have the effect of turning the hose on a couple dogs F-ing in the yard.”
I just spit my coffee across the room 😂🤣😂🤣

Deleted post, duplicative of one immediately above.

Couple of new pics. These ones have door side mouldings and tacky stickers (which is popular in middle east). The grey one also appears to have a "70th Anniversary" badge on the D pillar.

But...there does seem to be a natural aftermarket bumper line here:
Bumper Line.png

1619710560517.png

Land Cruiser fans vs. Toyoda USA's Marketing Department

This looks like the top-spec "ZX" or VX-R or maybe even "Sahara" depending on market.
View attachment 2659458
Second pic is interesting. It looks like a higher spec model (judging by the chrome accent @ windows). But it also has what looks like to be a removable running board (like the one on the 200-series and this model seems to have the same bumper design as the lower spec models which looks like it has much better departure angle. (compared to the white one above).

View attachment 2659462
Doesn’t look like much has changed in terms of dimensions. Any rumors on how the 3rd row is shaping up? Will it still fold to the side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom