"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those who have installed these new Yokohama M/T G003, do they run wider, narrower or the same as the same size width as BFG? Any noticable difference?

I have a set on my 75. 31x10.5r15

I've been impressed with them so far, 5000km in. This truck is my daily driver, so about 70% on road/highway and 30% trail use. The last set of mt's I had were toyo mt, so far these are slightly quieter but not much. I am however, very impressed off road with them. Very similar tread design as the toyo, but much softer. I do not have to run as low of pressure to get the same amount of traction (20psi fr 23psi rr) compared to around 10psi with the toyo. I've driven light mud, sand, snow and ice with these tires, and they don't shine on ice obviously.

View attachment 1935417

Are they a true 31" or a little larger?

I would love a set in 33x10.5s but I don't want to have to buy the city racer steelies.

I just mounted up a set of the AT’s on my Outback today. Been nearly 20 years since I bought a set of Yokohama’s so we can call this a trial run. I’m sure my local dealer would be happy if I followed these up with a set of 37’s next.

Well I made mini me do it.

EA4FE9AF-DBD1-42A9-8746-5BFD172B6B1F.jpeg

just ordered a set. I have a set of 315/75/16 sitting waiting to be mounted sunday on y 80. I will post my initial opinion once i get them mounted.

Just got a set of 315/75/16 installed. Super quit compared to the worn out stt pro I had. Fell a little squirmy on the way home but when I checked the psi the shop had them at almost 50 psi. What are you guys running them at on the road?

My 80 is reasonably heavy with full armor, dual batt, and 12000 winch. I am running 38PSI now and it does feel a little harsh. Looking at the little "new tire nipples" i have only lost them in the center. I dont know if that really means much but i might drop it down to 34 or so. I think these tires are pretty stiff.

My 80 is reasonably heavy with full armor, dual batt, and 12000 winch. I am running 38PSI now and it does feel a little harsh. Looking at the little "new tire nipples" i have only lost them in the center. I dont know if that really means much but i might drop it down to 34 or so. I think these tires are pretty stiff.

You can't really go by anyone else's experience, all trucks are different and tires are constructed differently.

I run my 35"s at 32psi rear and 34psi front, partly for comfort and mostly because i wasnt getting full contact across the width of the tire. Best thing to do is to do the "chalk test" til you find the correct psi.

That's a pretty loaded 80.

That's a pretty loaded 80.
Tell me about it. I wanted to keep it a light weight simple truck but over the years it has gotten put of control. I didn't mention the Gamaviti roof rack, skid plate and now 13 gal sub tank.

Well I pulled the trigger on the 37's. The $100 rebate for April helped push me along. They are sitting at the shop now waiting for a set of new 17" wheels to arrive. Should have everything mounted up in a week or so.

Tell me about it. I wanted to keep it a light weight simple truck but over the years it has gotten put of control. I didn't mention the Gamaviti roof rack, skid plate and now 13 gal sub tank.
Sometimes it is really hard to resist the mod itch.

tall skinnys look great on a 60 with 2" of lift or less IMO.

That’s about what mine has. I’ve been running 33x10.50 KM3s and now that I know that they are only 30.5” tall, all I see it roller skate wheels. They gotta go.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. I am generally pretty skeptical of reviews to as generally people aren’t very attentive to faults and just praise what’s good, but I personally haven’t found a fault to the Yokohama’s yet and I’m very picky/detail oriented especially when paying $300+/tire. I’ve got 10k miles on my 35x12.5r17 G003s now with several long 2k plus mile trips out west.

Tires I’ve previously had on my cruiser:
33x10.5 bfg ko1s
33x10.5 bfg km1s
33x10.5 bfg km2s
35x10.5 Kenda Klever MTs
(2 sets of Kendas due to warranting the first after inner tread block cracking) 2nd set had internal sidewall damage

Size wise, these tires run bigger than my previous Kendas. When the tire shop was putting them on, I thought they had accidentally ordered 37s for it for a second and I was extremely worried for my 3FE, but turns out they were the 35s.

These Yokohama mts really transformed the ride of my cruiser and have been the smoothest and quietest riding tire on my cruiser that I can remember. Grip wise, they haven’t let me down at all, and the sidewalls seem to be more protective than the bfg design. I’ve had slices through the blocks on KM2s, but not to the point of leaking air. There has been minor chunking around the edges of the lugs, but that’s on par with what my other tires have done. On a recent trip out to Moab and western Colorado, my buddy actually ripped/sliced/sheared an entire outer top lug off his KO2 and mine look no worse for wear.

In terms of being a quiet tire, when they were new, I could only hear them if I was pushing it through corners. My neighbor has Toto MTs on his LX470 and they were significantly noisier than my Yokohama’s despite a couple year difference in age. I’ve never had fresh Toyos to compare directly to, but being in his LX and hearing more tire noise than we did in my 80 was surprising. All that said, they have gotten to the point of being audible, but if the volume on the stereo is barely on, I can’t hear them.

D272F558-97B3-4910-847A-82A1B14A04C0.jpeg

4B225BEF-0AE0-4AC6-8C31-80EAA65E33A8.jpeg

3DDA0DF2-52F7-4457-92E2-E726FB7AB3CA.jpeg

CF7F2A5D-9D0B-4A52-A490-16B1943567F1.jpeg

13094643-F19E-4680-9506-81C254D223C2.jpeg

That’s all good to hear. I’m hoping to get mine mounted up this week then I can start the test fit process as they are going to rub somewhere. I’m assuming I’ll be moving my front axle forward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom