New with a 1987 BJ74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
Just got this JDM 1987 BJ74 with 24v system.

I got it with a newer non OEM but similar alternator installed that had fried one of the wires because as it turns out, it was not one with an internal regulator like the stock 27040-56050 one.
I have another one of these aftermarket alternator new and never used that I can slap in, but would need help figuring out how to wire in an external regulator. Anyone have any insight on best easiest external regulator to make it work and how to wire it in?

OR if anyone has a lead on an OEM one to just easily swap in that would be sweet too.

Along with this I think a charge light relay might be fried as nothing on the gauges work (aside from blinkers/brights indicators) but I can't exactly find where it might be....
Also, the vacuum switch valve isn't working to let the engine run (have to take of vacuum hose off throttle valve in order for it to stay running.

I have checked all fuses in the fuse box which seem good, so now im trying to figure out what else might have fried, relay or other wise anyone could point me in the right direction :)

IMG_0257.jpeg

IMG_3912.jpeg

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom