New windshield 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there, I am looking to replace my windshield on my 62. My regular glass guy says he cant find a windshield or the surrounded mouldings.

1) What company you guys using to replace windshield? Price

2) are mouldings something that you can easily find?

I am trying to figure out if my guy is not wanting the job, or actually no windshields around?

It is not a OEM refurb project - so I am not looking for top of line. My 62 is a driver, I am just looking for replacement.

Thanks for the help

I think you will have to go aftermarket on the windshield.

Great people. Give them a call and tell them what you're looking for, there's a few options for tint, etc.

Great people. Give them a call and tell them what you're looking for, there's a few options for tint, etc.
Thank you SO much for the help. Calling them now. Looks like they are in OHIO

So I will get everything, and have to find a local guy to do the job I imagine?

Yes. You can have them ship to your installer. Call your installer before order and maybe he can order directly

Yes. You can have them ship to your installer. Call your installer before order and maybe he can order directly
Appreciate it!

They didn't have it on their site, but I orderd one with the blue tint at the roofline to help block our wonderful Los Angeles afternoon sun. Factory, though, does not have that if you want to keep the stock look.

I also ordered the rear glass (with defroster) as a backup since those are becoming unobtanium.

(representative pic)

1628706184358.png

They didn't have it on their site, but I orderd one with the blue tint at the roofline to help block our wonderful Los Angeles afternoon sun. Factory, though, does not have that if you want to keep the stock look.

I also ordered the rear glass (with defroster) as a backup since those are becoming unobtanium.

(representative pic)

View attachment 2756226
Thanks brother! Who installed it for you.

Yeah, I prefer the stock no tint look. My white 62 is mint fish bowl - i love it that way :)

IMG_6032.jpg-2.jpeg

Nice!

I had it installed at a place in Van Nuys that used to do TLC4x4 's glass, but the owner passed away and the shop in now closed. I don't have a recommendation for anyplace else...

I would print out the relevant pages in the FSM and hand them to your installer and ask them to follow those directions explicitly. If they won't / Can't, find a different shop that will .. A lot of places will take shortcuts because the installation is a bit laborious ...

Nice!

I had it installed at a place in Van Nuys that used to do TLC4x4 's glass, but the owner passed away and the shop in now closed. I don't have a recommendation for anyplace else...

I would print out the relevant pages in the FSM and hand them to your installer and ask them to follow those directions explicitly. If they won't / Can't, find a different shop that will .. A lot of places will take shortcuts because the installation is a bit laborious ...

Thanks! I talked to Steve at RPM garage and they gave me couple of glass recommendations. I have a few calls out there as well for installs. Also one from Ih8mud thats 1.5 hours away.

I have the FSM printed out and ready to go. I will wait there while they install.

Appreciate the help as always!

Let me know who you go with on the windscreen. My FJ looks identical to yours and she's a garage queen. Only difference is an OME lift and 31s.
You ever head out to any of the meets? Would love to check out the truck compared to mine.

Let me know who you go with on the windscreen. My FJ looks identical to yours and she's a garage queen. Only difference is an OME lift and 31s.
You ever head out to any of the meets? Would love to check out the truck compared to mine.
Will do

i dont know of the meets

if you tell me i can swing by.

I have 8 60/62 now. All of mine except thus white has 31 ko2. None have lifts. I prefer the stock suspension look. LOL

Koolglass sent me this:

Yes we have the windshield in stock, it has solid blue tint. The price is $239 plus $169 for shipping. We have the weather strip, one that is just the weather strip for $95 and also the strip that accepts the chrome trim for $120.
Unfortunately we are in Ohio and we do not know of any installers in California.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Regards,

So nothing without the blue strip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom