New Tundra 10.5 Rear End (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just saw that the new 2007 tundra has a 10.5" ring gear in a removable 3rd. Anyone know what size the axleshafts are, and wether its a FF or not?

Nice, I've been waiting to hear what size that bad boy will be. Looking at the photos I'd say HD semi float, probably similar to the 100 series as they share the same lug pattern. The shafts are a guess and will probably be larger to handle 10k+ tow rating.

It's a semi-float with a bearing case like a 100 series. 14 mm lug studs. Spline count is not stated. Disc brake with drum e-brake like 80/100/Sequoia.

thats disappointing, if it was a FF that could have rivaled the D70

The 10.5" is the standard diff behind the 5.7l.

You can't take TIS as the end all because it is still being updated.

the 4.0v6 and the 4.7v8 will have the landcruiser 9.5"

Nope, "1/2 ton"

I have more questions about Toy axles ..

The Cruiser 9.5 ( 60 series ) axles are rated 1/2 ton also . ? in the same way the 60 series ( or 70 series ) FF axles 3/4 ton . ?

And the 80 series FF axles are rated 1 ton . ? or 3/4

The Cruiser 9.5 ( 60 series ) axles are rated 1/2 ton also . ? in the same way the 60 series ( or 70 series ) FF axles 3/4 ton . ?

And the 80 series FF axles are rated 1 ton . ? or 3/4

Truck "ratings" really have no meaning anymore, and have simply become industry slang.

The whole ratings thing most likely started from the military, where the rating was from cargo carrying capacity off road.. that's my bet..

The ratings really have nothing to do with the axles.. the axle's strength is a function of what that manufacturer deemed necessary.

ex: Tundra / Tacoma rear... 1/4 or 1/2 ton?
Ranger / F150 8.8... same thing
Toyota 8" with dual wheels... 1-ton.. ;p

Maybe TIS hasn't updated their information yet. According to them, the 07 has a 9.5" rear diff. and is a semi-floater.
2.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Beno,

Your page doesn't make any reference to the new 5.7L motor. I think it has been mentioned that the 10.5" rear will only come behind the 5.7.

Ryan.

Ryan--

Totally spot on. You are right. I just double checked TIS and in certain sections of the manual they mention the 3UR-FE and in other sections the specs. that correspond with the new engine are not available.

I guess the entire manual has not been updated yet.

-onur

Truck "ratings" really have no meaning anymore, and have simply become industry slang.

The whole ratings thing most likely started from the military, where the rating was from cargo carrying capacity off road.. that's my bet..

The ratings really have nothing to do with the axles.. the axle's strength is a function of what that manufacturer deemed necessary.

ex: Tundra / Tacoma rear... 1/4 or 1/2 ton?
Ranger / F150 8.8... same thing
Toyota 8" with dual wheels... 1-ton.. ;p

Will be very intersting make a " off road axle rating " table with all most common off road axle models .. teh we use sure staring with Toy axles ..

Maybe something like 80 series rear axle max safe locked tire size 40" or so ..

Toy has incorporated a larger ring gear in their new advertising campaign for the Tundra. Seems to me it will be available. I seen it on the boob tube with mine very own eyes. :eek:

six speed auto, 380hp, 10.5" rear, 10k+ towing ----ALL Toyota :eek:

That makes me really want to rob a bank :idea: :idea:

Why not in the near future an ARB or any other aftermarket locker ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom