New, to me, LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all,

I have finally replaced my 88 FJ62 with a new vehicle. An LX470 with 154k miles in good condition generally for a good price.

I have been searching threads for my questions and have found answered to most of them but have a few left for clarification. Thank you for any responses you might have.

1. My H to low shift is extremely difficult. Going to N is ok, not great, but ok. Going to L I need to slowly let up the brake and roll a little bit to have a chance. When I do the locked differential light seems to be stuck on. When I go back to H it is off. Any ideas? Take it apart and lube it? The L doesn’t appear to have been used much, if at all, on the vehicle.

2. The AHC works great. Is there any magic I can do in terms of preventative maintenance?

3. Spare tire. The tool kit and jack are missing. I understand I need some special attachment to lower it. The only replacement jack and tool kits I can find online are for a F100. Is that the same as what the LX470 uses in the way of that special adapter? Any ideas? I like where it is placed as I don’t do anything too wild off-road.

Thank you all!

before removing transfer case, try using H and L often. I use it once a month to make sure things are functional.

i shift it at P or N on main shifter. going into L on transfer has to be done when fully stopped. rolling a bit is normal on hilux and 4Runner to engage L or H

Important: Replace the heater T joint (plastic) located at the firewall next to brake master cylinder. stay with OEM joints and each is about $12.

did you check the tool kit located on rear driver side quarter pannel?

I did, it is the compartment in the back drivers side covered by the fold up seat? I see nothing but a stretch rubber band for holding something there:(. Unfortunate.

You can shift from H to L in park? I will try that. It is really difficult.

A few sample threads that may help:

Transfer case lever stiff:​
AHC Maint:​
Missing tool kit:​

what is your idle rpm? when engine is high rpm especially cold start, shifting transfercase is bit difficult

Welcome.

What year is your LX? The earlier trucks automatically turned the CDL on when the transfer case was put into Low. That would explain why the light turns on in the cluster when you shift into Low.

Yup, it'll automatically lock the center diff when you go into low gear on the transfer case. You can disable that with a simple mod, look up "pin 7 mod" I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom