Anyone have a line on a factory tool kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for the kit, but jack rods at a minimum.

Thanks!

Thanks, but that's steep for a tool kit.

Maybe, but it probably depends on your perspective:

Search LEXUS LX470 Tools

upload_2017-8-10_14-35-22.png

Last edited:
OP. If you need it, you may be stuck paying that price for it unless you can find a fresh 100 at a salvage yard. To piece one together from a Toyota parts dept will cost you more than that.

Dumb question.... I feel like I should know this. What is the silver bar with the flattened end for?

IMG_0440__09607.1493177673.1280.1280.jpg

It's a tire iron. Could be used for breaking a tire bead, to replace a valve stem... or change the tube on your bike tire =)

It's a tire iron. Could be used for breaking a tire bead, to replace a valve stem... or change the tube on your bike tire =)

Thank you.

Actually, looking at that pic, what is the round tool in the middle, to the right of the screwdriver? Is that a jack extension? I don't have that?! It's probably sitting at the bottom of my rear quarter panel!

That tire iron is worthless. I tried using it to remove a tire off the wheel and it totally bent. Jus' sayin'

That tire iron is worthless. I tried using it to remove a tire off the wheel and it totally bent. Jus' sayin'

I've always thought it was a "hubcap tool", and used it as such, which seems to be supported by:
upload_2017-8-10_13-16-23.png

upload_2017-8-10_13-16-59.png

upload_2017-8-10_13-17-37.png

It never seemed to be intended as a "tire iron" to me, unless it was one of those "When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail" moments.

Yeah, that's the reason it didn't register with me. My dad had an old school tire changer and it had a heavy duty tire iron. Recognized the shape, just couldn't place it so small.

It never seemed to be intended as a "tire iron" to me, unless it was one of those "When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail" moments.
Good call! That makes much more sense.

I thought that too, but it is too wide to fit in the slotted holes on the side of the hubcap, in the lug pocket.

I recall having that reaction the 1st time I tried to use it, and had to fiddle with it a bit to figure it out how to make it work.

Actually, looking at that pic, what is the round tool in the middle, to the right of the screwdriver? Is that a jack extension? I don't have that?! It's probably sitting at the bottom of my rear quarter panel!

upload_2017-8-10_13-44-55.png

upload_2017-8-10_13-45-25.png

I have a few extra pieces left over from my hundy. Are the jack rods the extensions with square male and female ends?

Looks to me like the tire iron is the top most black tool (camouflaged by the tool wrap).

Granted, I stole my tool kit/jack from my 60. The chrome tool did not fit my lugs.

OP. If you need it, you may be stuck paying that price for it unless you can find a fresh 100 at a salvage yard. To piece one together from a Toyota parts dept will cost you more than that.

Dumb question.... I feel like I should know this. What is the silver bar with the flattened end for?

View attachment 1514086

RE: silver bar w flat end.

Use it to pop off the ~2x2" square cover in center of bumper that needs to be removed to unwind/drop the spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom