New to me! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I just got the opportunity after my Subaru was stolen and totaled out to live the dream and get one of my dream cars. Picked up an ‘04 with 218k on Wednesday after having a pretty clean pre purchase inspection done by the local upfitter shop. Today I got some noise that just started while idling. After perusing the forum sounds like it may be my fan clutch/bracket? Am I on the right track

Could be, but best would be to remove the drive belt and spin each pully by hand to note the sound. Also look for free play. When buying parts stay with OEM or Aisin. Aftermarket parts are just WASTE of money.

So after a blown serpentine belt I have confirmed it’s a bad bearing in the fan bracket…. So replacing the bracket, do I need a new clutch assembly or am I good with just the bracket?

Bracket for sure, if it's bearing bad. Fan clutch if it's bad, otherwise you can reuse. But if a high mile fan clutch, it's good idea to replace with fan bracket.

Bracket for sure, if it's bearing bad. Fan clutch if it's bad, otherwise you can reuse. But if a high mile fan clutch, it's good idea to replace with fan bracket.
Also consider a timing belt service, if time coming up soon. You'll be more than half way to it, with fan bracket R&R.

Stay with Aisin or OEM fan bracket. As 2001LC said use the same clutch if it is good. If you decide to replace stay with AISIN or OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom