New to me 2000 LC100 Exhaust Manifolds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI all,
First post here after lurking for a long time. I was looking for a LC100 for a few months before i found this one and brought it home. I gave it a once over before buying and knew it had some light rust, but nothing unmanageable. Fluids and prior paperwork looked good so I snagged it.

It has an exhaust leak so I took it to my local Toyota dealer to get an estimate. It didn't sound like it was coming from the manifold, it sounded more like it was coming from the exhaust under the driver's seat, but when they got back to me they said both manifolds needed to be replace and maybe the o2 sensors if they're stuck due to rust. I am still waiting on a quote for the work, but given I am in the bay area I assume it's gonna be big money. The service advisor's words were "could be several thousand dollars". Does this sound right to you? Should I get a second opinion?

Thanks in advance

Follow-up: The dealership came in at ~$5000. I've got another quote for non-oem parts at $3385. These quotes seem high to me. Do they sound right to anyone else?

Interesting to hear... I do remember it was royal PITA to get those replaced. But parts themselves should be <1000 (Just checked https://partsouq.com/ - yes, under 1000 delivered to US, but dealer might be more)
Even 10hr per side, $200/hr?

Not sure if it's long lasting repair, but on my previous truck I welded those cracks and they were fine for over 10k miles after repair

Yea, being quoted at $220/hr at the dealer. $180/hr at independent shops using Dorman parts in my area. Everything here is expensive as hell because it's California. Add in the fact that this is a tourist area and the prices go up even more. It's great Lol

Yea, being quoted at $220/hr at the dealer. $180/hr at independent shops using Dorman parts in my area. Everything here is expensive as hell because it's California. Add in the fact that this is a tourist area and the prices go up even more. It's great Lol

Well, in that case it's somewhere about right :)) I am not pro, but 10hr per side is more than adequate. Assume (and hope) those places do this much faster though. Very much possible to break studs, etc. I hope all those "what ifs" is in a quote already.

I actually just got my drivers side done today. $200 for the Dorman manifold from Amazon, $400 for the exhaust shop to put it on. If you have time I highly recommend doing the drivers side if you have some tools. Saves money and can be done in a day. Worst case you limp it over to an exhaust shop with the manifold off lol

I actually just got my drivers side done today. $200 for the Dorman manifold from Amazon, $400 for the exhaust shop to put it on. If you have time I highly recommend doing the drivers side if you have some tools. Saves money and can be done in a day. Worst case you limp it over to an exhaust shop with the manifold off lol
My apologies I mean do the passenger side, the drivers side is a pain in the butt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom