New To LC 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice aircraft, not knowing as much as you guys, I was surprised to see it was a two-seater, didn't seem like it by the profile.
My Grandfather was a Fighter Pilot in the USAF. Flew the P-47 in WWII, F-4 in Vietnam.

Kewl, good to know.

I was an auto shop owner , and frock driver hit my customers car and I was in the right seal. They had to cut me out of the car and spent two years walking again. I became a pilot, went to work for an airline and now check airman for that airline.

Back when I was a starving pilot, I started building experimental airplanes and worked on airplanes in my hanger I owed part of. Change is position at work I no longer had time to work on the side and sold my part of the hanger.

I stay active working on motorcycles , cars ect .. and own lathe and mill. You never know what small part need something or drill / make a part.

Yeah extra hand and or mind sure can be useful.

Here is my last completed airplane I did for a client.
Took me 2 1/2 year to get flying and another to fly the time off to carry passengers and get the paint work done.

This Land Cruiser has been keeping me busy since april. I am about to to rec the transfer case parts and get that together and May dove straight into the lockers. I like to get the paint shop work finished to complete the exterior stuff.

While awaiting the parts to arrive, for the door panels off changing the door lock actuator motors.
And replace the speaker with some Alpine speakers. They should arrive Monday.

How far are you away from Haslet ?

Alway nice to cuss and discuss stuff.

Take care

G night , Tex

View attachment 3399025

View attachment 3399026

Is that a Super Cub in the corner? I love when they have the big tundra tires, those Alaskan STOL guys are crazy (good crazy) :)

Is that a Super Cub in the corner? I love when they have the big tundra tires, those Alaskan STOL guys are crazy (good crazy) :)
Actually that is a champ, with STC Electrical System with an o-235 conversion engine .

Metal spare wings and added fuel tanks in the wings besides the main tank in center area before firewall

It’s been so long since I flown it, I don’t remember the type destination. It was a hoot to fly… qualified light sport …

The RV7 during construction…

IMG_7212.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg

IMG_7567.jpeg

IMG_7734.jpeg

Nice aircraft, not knowing as much as you guys, I was surprised to see it was a two-seater, didn't seem like it by the profile.
My Grandfather was a Fighter Pilot in the USAF. Flew the P-47 in WWII, F-4 in Vietnam.
Oh great, perhaps is he maybe still alive ? Those guys I love to visit with what left of them.

I am friends with war veterans of the Vietnam area that flew tankers for the B52’s and fighters.

I spend hrs talking to him. He still flys today private plane, and I helped him do the avionics install and electrical system on his home built.

Oh great, perhaps is he maybe still alive ? Those guys I love to visit with what left of them.

I am friends with war veterans of the Vietnam area that flew tankers for the B52’s and fighters.

I spend hrs talking to him. He still flys today private plane, and I helped him do the avionics install and electrical system on his home built.

He passed

You've actually touched on one of my biggest regrets, that I didn't have the maturity to realize that I needed
and wanted his stories and perspectives about his career. I'm seeking conversations with people that can
put his career into some kind of context for me. I did get to fly with him (age 13 maybe) when we visited him
in Virginia. He borrowed a single engine Cessna and flew us to Kitty Hawk, NC.

Some new pics from of the rig. Did the Airlocker compressor by TJM, and Pro Lockers. Just finished the Part time 4x2, Low Range and 10 Underdrive gears in the transfer case with new Borla exhaust. While changing the door lock motors “thanks to the forum bought replacement tiny motors and just replace those” I did Alpine speakers with new 6 channel Alpine amp. Very happy with the Audio sound now. New ARB roof rack ordered, 1st one damaged by shippers. Slow boat to China awaiting replacement. Got a month into it now between 1st order and still haven’t received my 2nd one yet.

Gas mileage may not have improved any, not 150 miles driven since the part time / underdrive conversion. But talk about waking it up and a lot more fun to drive. Where as I left the trans in power to extent the shift points, you don’t need that now. Easy on the gas and look down 80, it doesn’t struggle to accelerate beyond. Today just to see how it would go, 100-105 easy. No pain no strain. Before over 80 it would labor. Now set cruise and it maintains it in Texas small grades where before it would have to down shift. It feel awakened and more like me v8 4Runner I have.

Don’t like the gold really dates it. The plan, remove side moldings “have replacements” they along with fiberglass wheel opening flares “new” all painted black like the wheels / side boards. Paint under side moldings down to pitch welds white same as above. Install new painted satin black trim pieces. I wouldn’t do the flares but the oem flares etched the paint. Not ready for an all over paint yet… paint still good. My painter said it is good shape and hard paint on those years.

I tinted the front windows and replaced inside felt and outside window moldings when I had the FMS or panels off. Greased the window motor tracks while doing the door locks. Ordered replacement steering wheel on EBay. Interior came together and looks new. Get the gold gone and I be about done.

Rack do this week maybe. Mounts are already installed. I removed the rear air deflector to repaint it. It’s done, awaiting rack install.

IMG_4001.jpeg

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4006.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

IMG_3972.jpeg

Thanks

A labor of love. I may if stars align properly head to Colorado for a camping off road trip. I have vacation the Sept 20 -7Oct. 1st of Oct -7th is committed to a cruise with the wife. 20th to the day before the end of the month is open. Leave a extra day for whatever’s might happen.

Last minute if my buddy can convince his wife that the guys need to head out. Tick tock on that.

If not head to Italy if flights are open enough to get there and back before we head out to our cruise.

Where in Colorado, don’t matter to me. Away from Texas heat, yes it finally broke this weekend! It’s been a hot long summer. I have seen worse but it at the top of the short list.

Take care

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom