New LC 100 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, new LC100 owner and new LC owner in general. Got an automated message to introduce myself. Very very excited to be here. Finally able to join the club. I have a 98 with 179k on the odo. All major services are up to date to include dif fluid and tranny fluid. It’s a rust belt truck as I bought it in Cincinnati. It’s got some “corrosion”. Got under it this weekend and cleaned up the rust and didn’t notice anything major issues besides the photo I’ve attached. I’ve seen some posts here and it seems folks have the same rust spot. Anyone else? Wire brushed then Fluid filmed everything. I’ve got a laundry list of things to fix. Mostly minor things… window motors, rear door handle, etc… next big thing, baring anything mechanical i haven’t addressed, is to replace the shocks and springs with the OME 2” so my tires don’t rub. Anyway happy to be here and thanks for welcoming me.
IMG_5718.png
IMG_5706.jpeg

Welcome! I wouldn’t lose sleep over the hole, but me personally would get it welded up and forget about it.

Degrease the back of your rotor shield and monitor that area. Looks like you may have a leaking axle seal. Clean the diff breathers out, hopefully it’s just clogged and the axle is pushing oil out past the seal when hot and the axle housing “pressurizes”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom