New to FZJ80 ownership. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 97 FZJ80 with the lockers. Before today I was a huge Grand Cherokee fan but after driving this beauty home I fell in love with it. I hope you will welcome me into your community as I have lots of questions about the 80 series.

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

Welcome to the Mudness, you'll enjoy the truck and the support and all of the benefits of owning a Cruiser. The 80, it really is on the cusp of being an over built machine while mixing in modern technological goodies. Having owned many 40s, 80s and 100 series I would say that you've landed one of the best in the LC line up.

Looks nice. How many miles?

Don’t let ‘em push you around about the damage multipliers. I have one with and one without. Wife likes hers with so I don’t fight it. It’s now lifted, locked, and has a huge new LRA gas tank. It’s all good.

Welcome.

Nice looking truck!

Welcome!

Don’t let ‘em push you around about the damage multipliers. I have one with and one without. Wife likes hers with so I don’t fight it. It’s now lifted, locked, and has a huge new LRA gas tank. It’s all good.

Welcome.
140K miles.

Welcome.
I won't !

Welcome.
This thing will be a highway vehicle for a bit. Maybe not the best choice for that but it's all I have at the moment so I'm not to worried about the brush gard for the time being.

ABSOLUTELY the best color cruiser! Don't ask me how I know. Congratulations on your purchase!

Welcome to MUD. I like the color. Mine has around 400k miles on it now.

Ah the 90's ... when you would order the gold trim package and then add a huge chrome brush guard to protect against the hedges in front of the parking curbs at Starbucks. Then add the bug guard because the wife couldn't reach the windshield to clean it when pumping gas.

Beautiful looking rig, but don't let these guys lie to you ... the best looking 97s are Emerald Pearl :flipoff2:

Since you asked for it... :flipoff2:

Ah the 90's ... when you would order the gold trim package and then add a huge chrome brush guard to protect against the hedges in front of the parking curbs at Starbucks. Then add the bug guard because the wife couldn't reach the windshield to clean it when pumping gas.

Beautiful looking rig, but don't let these guys lie to you ... the best looking 97s are Emerald Pearl :flipoff2:
The guy I got it from said he bought it from some lawyer or doctor in Florida. It actually was someone's family car.

Any color but red, but if I didn't have an 80, I'd take red.

Since you asked for it... :flipoff2:

^^^^ x2:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Awesome rig. Drive it for a while. Get to know it. Then tackle items. Good mechanical baseline approach is best $ spent. Belts, hoses, fluids, etc. Looks like it does not need much cosmetic wise.

Read up on headgasket, pesky heater hose, and coolant upkeep here on Mud.

Get a PDF factory service manual. Can download from Mud as I recall. These trucks are easy to work on and the FSM is fantastic. Best way to know and trust your truck is to work on it. Hope you are handy.

^^^^ x2:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Awesome rig. Drive it for a while. Get to know it. Then tackle items. Good mechanical baseline approach is best $ spent. Belts, hoses, fluids, etc. Looks like it does not need much cosmetic wise.

Read up on headgasket, pesky heater hose, and coolant upkeep here on Mud.

Get a PDF factory service manual. Can download from Mud as I recall. These trucks are easy to work on and the FSM is fantastic. Best way to know and trust your truck is to work on it. Hope you are handy.
I'm alright mechanically speaking. I don't know Much about theses so I'll make sure to read up and ask y'all a lot. There's a check engine light on and it runs slightly rich. The guy before me has replaced a lot of parts to try and fix it but couldn't. Once I get the OB2 code I'll researched it a little more.

I'm alright mechanically speaking. I don't know Much about theses so I'll make sure to SEARCH A WHOLE BUNCH BEFORE I ask y'all a lot. There's a check engine light on and it runs slightly rich. The guy before me has replaced a lot of parts to try and fix it but couldn't. Once I get the OB2 code I'll researched it a little more.

FIFY.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom